Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am talking to a local hyundai dealer on trading in my wrx for a brand new 06 tiburon SE. The burnt orange color, or whatever its called.

Am i crazy. I just miss having a 2 door sports car. I have a wrx wagon now, that I don't use ANY of the room. I would miss the AWD when it snowed, but that is what winter wheels and tires are for.

I am waiting to hear back from my insurance agent first. If the tib is a LOT more, im not doing it.

Talk me into/ out of it.

·
and his new kimchi coupe
6,247 Posts
do it. but you will be flamed of the highest degree of anyone ever to have been flamed here before. and here i am to say it. you shoulda kept the original tib! lol

:3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TNT said:
do it. but you will be flamed of the highest degree of anyone ever to have been flamed here before. and here i am to say it. you shoulda kept the original tib! lol

:3_winkthu
Yes, but hindsight is always 20/20.

I am pretty sure my insurance is going to be a deal breaker anyway. I only pay 800 bucks a year for my wrx. I was paying 1300 for my last tib.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I don't do it, I'm just gonna lower the wagon and put some nice wheels/tires on it, and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol. not every few months. I have had my wrx for over a year now.

Besides, I make good money, so I can afford it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ADIDAS said:
lol. not every few months. I have had my wrx for over a year now.

Besides, I make good money, so I can afford it.

if you make good enough money then why is the insurance cost a factor then? if you can afford it then just GIT-R-DONE!!!!!

nick

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lanos2001 said:
if you make good enough money then why is the insurance cost a factor then? if you can afford it then just GIT-R-DONE!!!!!

nick
Who knows. I will probably end up keeping the wrx anyway. I just need to figure out which way I want to go with it mod wise.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tuscaniblu3 said:
lol, yes you are the one with car ADHD. Didn't you have a Jeep too?

I would probably keep the WRX, if for no other reason than resale value.

Yep, thats me. I just get bored with cars so easily. I should be driving a yugo, but the mod bug hits me everytime I get a car and say "i'm not modding this one"

·
Registered
551 Posts
ADIDAS said:
Yep, thats me. I just get bored with cars so easily. I should be driving a yugo, but the mod bug hits me everytime I get a car and say "i'm not modding this one"
Im the same way except now im buried in negative equity.Dam* you Hyundai!!!!!
I don't know what the best answer is for this question because im trying to decide if I should turbo my Tib or buy something thats F/I from the factory

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Do you like the speed of the WRX? If you do, you will probably come to hate the Tib unless you seriously mod it. I guess it all comes down to what you want. If you want speed, I'd keep the WRX and mod it. Dollar for dollar, you'll go fater with the WRX. However, if you are more interested in looks, then the Tib wins hands down.

I had a Pontiac Vibe befor ethe Tib. I loved the car but it was just too slow. After 2 year I wanted out. That's when I got the Tib. I miss that car because it was great. If it had a V6 and was a fast as the Tib, I would have kept it.

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
ADIDAS said:
As I said in another thread, put out a body part and just let the bug bite you. I don't know why you bother to fight it anymore, lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
its up to you. if u wanna buy tib then i suggest you buy i4 and turbo that baby because V6 parts are just too much and more hassle than turboing i4. but its up to you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have your solution...STOP BUYING BRAND NEW CARS!!!!!!!!

How many really great tibs are for sale used for 1/2 of what a new one costs? Right on this forum? No worries about modding messing up warranty, no worry about losing money, less insurance cause it's older. Come on man, stop it with the brand new cars, Subies hold their value insanely good so you can sell that thing no problem, NASIOC.com, it will sell in a week. Then pic up something here, you know the members well enough to know who keeps a nice car and who rices them out.

Besides the differences between the 03, 04, 05....etc...etc are so small it's not worth it. It's all the same car. I learned my lesson buying a new car and it only took 1 time. Last 2 cars I bought I have gotten both with under 15K miles on them, and have saved a combined $17,000+ by getting something just barely used. And if you are dead set going to a dealer, they have tons of affordable certified pre-owned for great prices.

Stop the new car insanity, and start the almost new car insanity.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Keep the rex. Don't you love the sound of the Flat 4 epecially when you open it up with a 3" turboback exhaust, and the sleeper aspect of the wagon? Those AWD launches on basically any kind of surface....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts