Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed a second amp in my girlfriends '05 Tibby SE and now have alternator whine though the front speakers. I have a sub amp and an amp on the front components, which is the amp that is giving me trouble. Since the Kenwood deck only has one set of RCA's out the sub amp is hooked up via RCA's, the component amp is hooked up speaker level so that we can change the level of the sub from the dash (one of the features she likes from the factory Kenwood amp). I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. I've checked the ground and I routed the signal wires on the opposite side of the car from the power wire. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could do to stop the problem?? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,220 Posts
Ah yes, the thrills of car audio. Where did you ground to? I bought a grounding block, and sanded all the paint off a spot in the spare tire well, and then connected the wire to that. It seems to have worked well, I have no whine. It also has a lot to do with the amp you have. What kind of amp is it?

·
Registered
58 Posts
RedTibby04 said:
Ah yes, the thrills of car audio. Where did you ground to? I bought a grounding block, and sanded all the paint off a spot in the spare tire well, and then connected the wire to that. It seems to have worked well, I have no whine. It also has a lot to do with the amp you have. What kind of amp is it?

I agree, a bad ground will make terrible noise...

·
Registered
437 Posts
+1on the ground block. Also make sure the ground is shorter than 1 ft if you can.

Get rid of the high level inputs and get 2 rca y adapters.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The amp is an Alpine 2 ch. running 50w per channel. I grounded the amps in the hatch on a bolt that screwed into the body. I'll try the grounding block idea. The only reason I'm using the high level in is that we wanted to be able to adjust the subwoofer level with the deck, since it has a non-fading out level adjustment. Thanks for the input guys!! :3_bier:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm with ya dude....same EXACT problem/symptoms...annoys the piss outta me! I've re grounded the thing back there onto the bolts that the back seat is fastened in w/ and also theres 3 bolts real close to each other...still the same result. I have the same setup as you also w/ the hi level converter to rca. On mine the whine is relative to the gain of the hi's amp. (Xplod)

·
Registered
177 Posts
for me the rca's all come right up the middle under the console - carpet - backseat and the +12v is under the driver kick panel...I rewired the whole freakin system just to get those wires further apart and it didn't help :3_frusty: I'm gonna reground it after sanding the crap out of the ground spot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for me the rca's all come right up the middle under the console - carpet - backseat and the +12v is under the driver kick panel...I rewired the whole freakin system just to get those wires further apart and it didn't help :3_frusty: I'm gonna reground it after sanding the crap out of the ground spot.
Everything is seperate in mine too. The whine isn't that bad since the gain on the highs is turned down. I guess I'll try grounding the deck to the point where the amps are grounded and see if that helps. My girlfriend doesn't seemed bothered by the whine, but I can't stand it. I need to figure it out soon, because I'm getting a '07 SE in the next few weeks and will be starting all over again.:3_chubby:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your deck could be the culprit too. pioneers are notorious for whining.

Her Tibby has the Kenwood deck in it. I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just need the time to work on it some more.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a slight whine in my system as well. I had it before and after replacing the factory amp. I have a noise filter on the power wire to the radio. I also have ground loop isolators on the RCAs going to my sub amp and to my 4 channel amp powering my fronts. I have a Kenwood Execlon KDC-X590 HU. I think my problem is at the HU though. With the radio out, and fiddling with the wires the whine would increase and decrease. I am going to try to reground at the HU.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Her Tibby has the Kenwood deck in it. I'm sure I'll figure it out, I just need the time to work on it some more.
Let us know. I don't have this issue, but it's always good to hear (and file for possible future) issues and fixes that worked.

·
Registered
473 Posts
BUAHAHA off topic but your name is satan spelled backwards lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts