Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gotten some goodies, DA 361i model components and DA 391i 6x9's
http://www.diamondaudio.com/products/index.cfm?page=productList&type=29&line=3

Right now, I have a crappy Xplod amp that's been sitting around the house until now.
I plugged up to the front components, 6" + 1" tweeter,,,the specs are 60rms/120max
I currently have the 6x9's on the stock amp and it seems at times they over power the front speakers,,,,the 6x9's are 75rms/150max.
I believe my current amp is throwing out about 50w rms right now the amp is only hooked up
to the front components.
In the future I plan on putting in a decent 8" sub maybe around 200rms.
I was wondering what you guys would recommend for amps that Truely provide the power they advertise. Also would you recommend one 4ch amp for speakers and mono for sub ?
Or two 2ch for the speakers and mono amp ?
Or any really really good 5ch amp ?

Cause I'm thinking I'm gonna need at least 75w RMS going to the speakers
and 200w RMS minimum to the sub.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Im not sure of your budget, but if you bought Diamond Audio equipment you are not afaid of dropping some funds on som quality amps.

for the 4 channel, the Polk Momo Carbon Series c400.4
if you look at the specs this gives you 75rms per channel on a 4 ohm load, and 100 per channel on a 2 ohm load.

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/specs/c400_4/

the sub amp is also from polk...Polk Momo Carbon Series c500.1
http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/products/c500_1/

Both of these amps are effeceintand dont want ALL of the altenator power like some others. And they are quieter and runn ALOT cooler than any of the JL equipment.

Look around on line to purchase these or if you have a dealer in town go to them...just dont buy direct from Polk or use their price as a measuring stick.
When i bought my c300.2 I paid $112 for it and their site said $449.

PM me and I may be able to get you a decent deal on this equipment.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I would recommend JL Audio 4 channel, and I just so happen to have one that I can sell. If you are intrested, I have a JL Audio 300/4, and it would give you true 75 watts by four. It is in perfect shape and works great, and would come with a printed manual, would let it go for $250 shipped. LMK through PM if your intrested. I also have some sub amps, but would have to know exactly how much power you need to tell what I got to fit the bill, I have JL, RF, and Kicker amps of various power levels. L8R

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
ViolentB said:
I have gotten some goodies, DA 361i model components and DA 391i 6x9's
http://www.diamondaudio.com/products/index.cfm?page=productList&type=29&line=3

I was wondering what you guys would recommend for amps that Truely provide the power they advertise. Also would you recommend one 4ch amp for speakers and mono for sub ?
JL Audio (slash series in particular). And do seperate amps, 1 for mids and highs, 1 for sub.

JL 300/4 should be just about perfect (and assuming it's in good condition, Kartunez is hookin you up with a pretty good price). If you still want more for your front speakers, the 450/4 will send 150 rms to them, and 75 to the rear.

JL 250/1 sounds about perfect if you're looking for a single small sub.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It looks like I pulled it out of the box, and it is perfect. I am using a 450/4 and love it, but you have to have some series needs for 125 watts to the front, i.e. Typer 6.5 comps, and a 5" MB Quarts mid. From what you are talking about doing, the 300/4 is perfect. It comes with just the amp and a printed manual! I have 2 of them forsale, so if anyone is in need LMK. I am about to make a F/S thread where it belongs of all of my stuff, and I have a lot of stuff to sell. L8R

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm still saving up the $$$ so I can't take advantage of your sales Kartunez.
I'm glad somebody knows there stuff as far as true power is concerned,,,cause I don't want to buy a "name" I want a quality sound,,,,obviously by the DA speakers. :3_wink:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Exactly, just save up and when your ready, shoot me a PM and I will let you know if I still have it or not. I have a few of them, so I might just still have it come the time your ready! L8R

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well... I'm not too sure about JL Audio Amps but I do love their subs. I agree with Cycon up there though... Polk has some great equipment. Good luck on your install...

If you ever need custom installs done or know anyone who does. A friend and I have side work we do making custom trunks and crazy installs for cars. My two Tiburons and his Lincoln Navi are sitting just right. lol. Good luck chica. Enjoy the sound. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts