Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if i remove the stock resonator and replace it with a straight bolt on pipe.. how would it sound? has anyone done this?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
It makes it a bit louder. The stock muffers aren't going to get too much louder... unless you remove the cats and resonator...

Are you trying to avoid getting an aftermarket exhaust or something?

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
05GT said:
It makes it a bit louder. The stock muffers aren't going to get too much louder... unless you remove the cats and resonator...

Are you trying to avoid getting an aftermarket exhaust or something?
well money is somewhat tight right now, and i wanna get the ARK single cat back but not untill i have the extra $$ so i figured untill then i can mess with the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
720 Posts
dont ever delete that hyundai anime wh0re. lol its on my myspace....right now.

:3_offtopi

·
Banned
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bumpppppppppppp.... has anyone kept there stock Y and piping and just replace the mufflers then?

·
Registered
11,412 Posts
just save until you can buy the exhaust, otherwise your just wasting money on useless crap once you get it

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ok........seriously, i don't know much about cars, but the previous owner of my car, from what I can tell, just replaced the mufflers and there is a DEFINITE sound you can hear. When I first test drove the car, the saleman was coming around the corner and I could HEAR it coming for sure. Not unbelievably loud, but I think it has a nice rumble to it.

I thought the previous owner installed a CAI, but after further investigation, I believe it is a SRI.

I test drove a 2006 GT last week with 8800 miles on it and damn, my car is much faster..........just with the SRI and aftermarket mufflers...........I want to get a cat-back, but don't have the money............

·
Registered
392 Posts
what he said. The stock exhaust is 2.25" if i recall correctly, but its well... weak. I yanked off the Resonator and slapped on some Flowmaster Mufflers to tide me over till spring -- theres a slight increase in the midrange pick-up, but nothing major.

BTW: This mod alone -- having the resonator yanked, and the mufflers -- set me back a cool $380 with labor. Just save up another say... $600 and get the headers & exhaust done in one fel swoop.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Cutthroat1117 said:
what he said. The stock exhaust is 2.25" if i recall correctly, but its well... weak. I yanked off the Resonator and slapped on some Flowmaster Mufflers to tide me over till spring -- theres a slight increase in the midrange pick-up, but nothing major.

BTW: This mod alone -- having the resonator yanked, and the mufflers -- set me back a cool $380 with labor. Just save up another say... $600 and get the headers & exhaust done in one fel swoop.
Thing is the stock exhaust at the y-pipe is like 1.75" if i remember right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts