Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I had some spare time in class to do a quick doodle on some printer paper and heres what I came up with. Ive always wanted to design a car interior from scratch. I had a really hard time drawing CF. I think thats the hardest damn surface to draw. you really cant even tell that I was trying to make it look like cf lol... anyway

p.s. dont say anything about the lack of a steering wheel... I didnt feel like drawing it in there

·
Registered
270 Posts
besides the...interesting viewing angle, and all the eyeball gymnastics involved, here's my opinion:
1. This is a very dynamic interior. The lines seem to follow from the very edges of the dash to travel unbroken through the center console.
2. While great looking, the speed gauge cluster seems to be a little hidden from a common driving angle. If you had the seat laid back, you could see everything fine, but the top overhangs a little too much in my opinion.
3. If any, where is the passenger side air bag?
4. Ergonomics seems to play a large role in this design. Shift knob, Radio and climate controls are all seemingly within easy reach, without distracting driver from the road. One forseeable problem would be that you'd have to create a new CF surround every time you changed head units.
5. pedals are a bit out of perspective, unless this is a very shallow car.

I realize this is a sketch, and nowhere near production ready. I just wanted to share my $.02 concerning the POSSIBILITY of production. All in all a beautiful rendering of some very progressive ideas. I would love to see how something like this feels in the real world.

Trevor

·
Registered
962 Posts
Everyone is gunna go out and wrap their interior in alligator now. Great job drawing. I like the look of the center console tho and the gauges don't really flow that well with the rest of the drawing but once again I think it looks great.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya lol, It definitely looks like aligator skin lol. I'll have to work on the cf rendering. as for the rest of the car.. its more of an ergonomic perspective. I'm not sure about the likely hood of it ever reaching a production(I dont work for a design group or anything like that) but it would be cool to do. one day I'll probably take one of my designs and make it from scratch in a old *** project car for fun. thanks everyone for the constructive critisism

·
Registered
972 Posts
Thats PHOTOSHOPED!!! lol.. jk jk.. looks good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts