Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the day before thanksgiving im heading to work and its raining a lil bit, so an old man in this big *** truck is doing 45 in a 55 even though its not raining hard. we get to an intersection were a yield sign is and instead of pulling out when there is absolutly NO cars coming he slams his brakes and i slide right into his bumper. in the end he ends up with a lil 3 inch ding and youll see my car

the bad part is that the car shop is less than 50 feet away from the intersection, and maybe a 100 yards up the street is the car rental place. so im driving a Dodge Caliber until the mid or end of December.

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
what r u talkin about? take some wax and buff that out. it is only a scratch.

on a side note..... that sux and i bet it will go down as AAF on ur insurance b/c u rear ended him.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedTibby04 said:
CF Hood and 05 Headlights!!
i was wondering if i could do that, ill ask 2morow when i stop by there. do u think theyll do it?

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
o hell yea. the insurance company gives them a check. what they spend it on... oem... after market.... they dont give a sh!t. i know, i work for an insurance company. if u need a new bumper and they have to spray the old one and buy a new one.... u can buy a body kit and have them put it on and pay the difference.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
which co. do u work for cuz im hoping this place will do it, and anyways it seems like everyone who gets on an accident on here end up with aftermarket parts when they get it fixed, should i ask the garage or call the insurance co?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've had one experience with a car shop fixing my car after and accident and they were fine with me going with aftermarket front fenders, front bumper and headlights. In the end I decide not to do that because I planned on trading the car in within the next 4-5 months. They did call and ask if I'd like an Optima battery or an OEM one. I took the Optima of course.

·
Registered
55 Posts
mine looks similar i did the same thing in the rain last week on 495(highway) into a buddy of mine who slammed his breaks cuz the guy infront of him did

·
Former CIO
10,258 Posts
PinoyTib said:
which co. do u work for cuz im hoping this place will do it, and anyways it seems like everyone who gets on an accident on here end up with aftermarket parts when they get it fixed, should i ask the garage or call the insurance co?

sorry bud, that is one thing i dont divulge to the car forum world. u can PM me who u have and i call tell u if i work for them or not.

·
Registered
155 Posts
just talk to the guys doing the auto repairs tell them youll order the parts online, then they remberse you for it with the insuracne money, and since 05 bumper is cheaper online than from dealership you actually make a profit for the guys fixing your car... Should work

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
hey if you can get those head lights back i will take them Pinoy. I need the wiring harnesses... TNT baby HABU- hook a brother up!!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
I forsee 05 headlights and a bumper in your future and also a CF hood too!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
i should have got my body kit while i was in the shop... got a new from and rear sides got fixed... oh well cant afford the wide body yet though...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i hit an F150 and got a Vis CF hood. might as well capitalize on the rather crappy moment right?

·
Registered
256 Posts
WOW I know you need a bumper but from the pictures it looks like it perfectly intact. . .. anyways I feel your pain man my cars been in the shop since last month. Anyways same thing happened to my boyfriend.. . .two yrs ago we were at a red light and the jerk-off in front of us decided to put it in reverse cuz he was past the line. . . we left plenty or room for him. . and i mean plenty b/c there were like 3 car lengths between us. . . . .well short story is he ran over the hood in reverse and the body shop he took it to bought him an aftermarket bumper with the new cash. . . . .the insurance company has nothingto do with it. . like the guys said they just send the check. . it all depend on how cool the guys are who you take it to! Good luck.. . .get back on the road soon!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts