Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can someone PLEASE tell me how to bypass the anti theft system in my 2005 Tib?

Here's my situation. I replaced the turn signal relay yesterday and got the turn signals back working properly, but now my keyless remote system is acting up. I tried resetting it by turning the key to ACC and then holding the button until the turn signals flashed once and I heard a click under the dash, but it still doesn't work. Also, even if I lock my door with the key, the alarm still goes off. So right now I can't lock my car unless I want the alarm going off at 5:00am when I leave for work.

I called the dealership and they want to charge me $125 just for a diagnostics to see what is wrong. I told them it just needs to be reprogrammed but they insist on the diagnostics and then I'll have to pay for the repair on top of that (if something is actually wrong with it). The diagnostics fee goes towards the repair, but I know how dealerships are and I'm gonna get ripped.

So, I just want to bypass the anti theft system all together and just use the key to lock and unlock my car. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm still confused as to what the car is doing. So when you unlock the car from an "armed" state, the alarm triggers? How do you get it to shut off?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm still confused as to what the car is doing. So when you unlock the car from an "armed" state, the alarm triggers? How do you get it to shut off?
1.) The keyless remote doesn't work at all. When I push either button, the little LED on the remote flashes but it does nothing. When I push the UNLOCK button, the turn signals flash twice but still nothing happens. When I push the LOCK button, nothing happens at all.

2.) If I lock the doors with the buttons on the insides of the doors, they will lock individually (used to be if I locked one, it would lock the other as well) but this sets the alarm and if I try to unlock it with the key, the alarm comes on.

3.) If I lock the door from the outside with the key, I'm supposed to be able to unlock it with the key and the alarm won't come on but, the alarm comes on anyway.

4.) You get the alarm to shut off by getting in the car and turning the key to the on position and wait 30 seconds for it to go off. I don't think my neighbors would appreciate that at 5:00am every morning.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Come to think of it, I'm having a similar issue. I can unlock the doors with the remote and the lights flash twice. If I go to lock the doors with the remote, nothing flashes but the doors will lock. I don't hear the horn sound to signal that the alarm is armed though. So, in other words, I cannot arm the alarm system. Anybody got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts

·
Administrator
8,880 Posts
would the ainti theft system have something to do with my car not cranking but it will turn over
Not cranking but turns over?!?!
Crank but no start is one set of issues.
No crank (obviously no start then) is another set of issues.
If USDM car, likely no immobilizer (unlike Canada and other markets).

What year, engine, trans? Stock keyless/alarm or aftermarket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts