Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So on a 2005 gt auto, is there any reason the rev limiter would just up and stop working? I like to use the shiftronic, and accelerating onto the highway, normaly it will hit about 7000 and automaticly shif to the next gear, well I knoticed today, and thank god I caught it, I was accelerating like usual, it reved all the way to 8000, I heard this and shifted right away. The only things ive done recently was replace the gauge cluster, and bank two o2 sensors, and my mechanic cleared cels from bad o2's with his scan tool, as far as Im aware none of these should have any effect on the rev limiter?? Am I looking at a pottential major failur in my ecu or tranny here, or is this some kind of freak happening?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe you forgot to shift with the shiftronic. i dont know, i have no clue how that stuff works.
No with the shift tronic, you can put it in shift mode and red line it and it will shift itself, you dont even need to do it when you floor it. Thats not it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
No with the shift tronic, you can put it in shift mode and red line it and it will shift itself, you dont even need to do it when you floor it. Thats not it.
New gauge cluster tach needle is positioned wrong? Someone had the cluster apart and put the needle back on wrong.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New gauge cluster tach needle is positioned wrong? Someone had the cluster apart and put the needle back on wrong.
I dont thik so, cause this cluster was out of a wrecked tibby, I have it in mine to make sure it was working, but maybe this is a sign its not, but the concern is that the needle is where it is supposed to be at idle.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bump, any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
does the idle seem to be in the right rpm range? i kinda like the tach needle in the wrong place but 1000 rpms would be pretty noticeable. is the cluster from a different year? maybe it receives the signal different. my rev limiter usually kicks in around 7 in my manual but iv seen it go as high as 7500 a few times dont know how but it kinda caught me by surprise.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea the idle is in the right spot, the gauge is from an 03-04, mine usualy hits right at about 7200-7500 when its floord with the stg IV manifold, then it shifts, I saw it hit past 8000, and I didnt give it any time to see it it would shift on its own, I didnt want to risk my motor.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
why are you *****ing? People pay money for this.
Yea but people dont pay money for it to be able to go all the way past 8000 rpms on stok internals, Come on JD, thats a common sence one. Seriously Im not a newb LOL

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
Even if it goes to 7K, it's not normal. It's suppose to shift for you at 6500 if you haven't already...

Take a video of it going from idle to 7K, I wanna see.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Even if it goes to 7K, it's not normal. It's suppose to shift for you at 6500 if you haven't already...

Take a video of it going from idle to 7K, I wanna see.
Well mines always shifted at just under 7k and when I installed the ngm stg IV it started shifting at 7200 aprox.

You want video, heres video

[ame=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/asianulikey/VECHICLES/tiburon/?action=view&current=MVI_0795.flv]
[/ame]

·
Dedication to Thai Cuisine
7,687 Posts
something wrong with the cluster

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
There is no way it's hitting RPM's that high. Something wrong with the cluster.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
Have you replaced the gauge cluster?

4 cylinder gauge cluster in a V6 car?

800 rpm = 1200 at idle ( not that noticible )
but 6000 rpm = 8000 rpm
Yup......you sir have the wrong cluster in your car.............you are definately not hitting 8K:3_headsha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts