Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always like Tiburon's so I bought mine as my first car, it's got a few issues that I've sorted out. the one that is last up on my list of general repairs is body work.

2 owners ago my car was in a slight accident, guy crashed it into a ditch and totaled the bumper, so next guy replaced it and did the exact same thing. so naturally it's my turn to total my bumper.

any reliable places to buy aftermarket parts? I don't want OEM, cause in my opinion the OEM front bumper doesn't really reflect the type of car a Tiburon is. thanks

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
The aftermarket has been dead for a decade already. The only aftermarket bits that remain are generally trash duraflex parts nobody wanted back then that have been sitting in warehouses collecting dust. Most of the time these leftover bits have the worst fitment issues and need proper body work to make them fit flush and without gaps. If you want to browse what's currently available try a few of the following:

tuscanicustoms.com
sharkracing.com
seoulfulracing.com (Placeholder/Pointer domain to a 3dcartstores.com store but is legitimate)

Other than that, try ebay or keep an eye on the marketplace for used parts. If you are lucky you might find a Hana front bumper which is really the only good looking bumper for the GK/FL2 body style in my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Other than that, try ebay or keep an eye on the marketplace for used parts. If you are lucky you might find a Hana front bumper which is really the only good looking bumper for the GK/FL2 body style in my opinion.
I found a hana bumper, but the mark up on those is crazy. like around $950 without shipping.
the original bumper I wanted to buy, I found on CarID and it's relatively cheap, although being duraflex it's either this or selling off a few organs to buy hana.

and the websites you provided don't have my particular narrow eyed model (GS) which is unfortunate cause some of the body pieces looked nice

·
Registered
2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT
367 Posts
I mean if we're talking about selling organs I heard of a guy who sold one of his kidneys and got paid $56k.

That's almost 59 Hana bumpers :p

·
Registered
2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE
837 Posts
Hana is the only good looking front bumper for the GK/FL2 and they know it. Sad thing is it requires fitment by a professional because it doesn't fit perfectly out of the box.

The narrow eyes model you refer to isn't a GS. It's known as the 07-08 GK/FL2. (GK chassis / Face Lift 2) it can come in the standard three trim levels like it's predecessors, GS ,GT and SE.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hana is the only good looking front bumper for the GK/FL2 and they know it. Sad thing is it requires fitment by a professional because it doesn't fit perfectly out of the box.

The narrow eyes model you refer to isn't a GS. It's known as the 07-08 GK/FL2. (GK chassis / Face Lift 2) it can come in the standard three trim levels like it's predecessors, GS ,GT and SE.
well I've also seen a few mystery brands that I don't know the name of, or where to find them that look pretty good too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts