Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been trying lately to identify my exhaust, judging by soundclips, pictures, etc., and a while ago, I decided on Evofusion, going by what I saw in the Definitive Exhaust thread. However, a while back, somebody asked me why I changed the tips on the exhaust, and that the exhaust I have doesn't look like the Evofusion (although I disagree). So, is there any way to identify an exhaust? Any serial numbers or something that would be on it? I've looked at what I can see without crawling underneath the car, and there are no noticeable brands that I can see.

P.S. The exhaust was on the car when I bought it, which is why I don't know what it is.

Mine:

Evofusion from the Definitive Exhaust Page:

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just by looking at the tips it's near imposible to identify, try to get a shot from under the car like the red car

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it's dark now, so I'll take some tomorrow. I just looked though, and from what I could tell looking under the car from the back, the pipe on mine runs more down the passenger side than down the middle.

·
Registered
972 Posts

mine actually says Evofusion on each tip

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, it was raining today, and I didn't want to be laying on the wet ground taking pictures of my exhaust. So when it dries up (hopefully tomorrow so the track is open), I'll get some. I did, however, check out the tips a little more, and it kind of looks like it might have had one of those Evofusion badges on it at one time, but it was either removed, or came off or something. There is a rectangular "mark" about the size of the badge in that picture on each tip.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, here are some pictures. It's still raining, so I couldn't get many, or very good ones, but oh well. It definately doesn't look like the Evofusion exhaust, aside from the tips. My brother said it almost looks factory to him.

So... Factory exhaust with new tips? Custom fabricated exhaust? Something else? I don't really think it's the stock exhaust, as it sounds pretty mean for just having tips.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9tqXpCIIc

It's got a deeper sound in person.

·
Registered
972 Posts
if i remmeber correctly.. there is another exhaust that has same tips.. im pretty sure ive seen em b4..

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
staw512 said:
that doesnt sound mean.....
To each his own, I guess. Like i said, it's quite a bit deeper in person. Or maybe it's just the fact that there was Seafoam running through it at the time, more than the camera. Either way, my exhaust sounds a lot better to my ears than a lot of the raspy, ricey exhausts I've heard on Tibs before.

Whether it sounds mean or not is really irrelevant. I'm just trying to identify it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah... I guess Evofusion is pretty much ruled out, since the actual pipes look completely different than the Evofusion ones. The only similarities are the tips, I guess.

·
Registered
972 Posts
bah.. so i guess im back to being like the only one with them lol

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ummmm, it looks kinda like a KORE exhaust system. I've got a picture but I cannot seem to get it posted. It's a word doc pic. but I think it could be it. Man, if its a KORE system, you are kinda lucky!!

PM me for the pic with your email address.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I am pretty sure that IS a KORE system. There are 2 pipes going all the way back to the cat, if you look closely!

NICE!

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,456 Posts
Looks like KORE, if it's not Evofusion.

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Interesting. I havent seen a tib with exhaust piping like that. So i dont think its Kore. I seen those tips on kores and shark racing, but never that kind of piping. Possible custom?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, when I first bought this car, I remember someone saying that they were pretty sure it belonged to the previous NT owner, so KORE is a good possibility. Not to mention, I can see the outline of a "Newtiburon.com" sticker on the right front fender of my car. So whether it belonged to the owner or not, it DID belong to a NT member.

P.S. Is there something special about KORE that makes me lucky to have it, if that's indeed what it is?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts