Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something is wrong in my driver door, i know it. The trunk latch hasnt been working properly, probably loose. It takes 1-20 tries before the switch actually unlocks the hatch, maybe dirt or rust on the lock hinge? (Every click it makes a noise, but doesnt open). And as of last night, i think the same problem happened to my driver door lock. I don't have keyloess entry so i manually unlock my car every time, and lock as well. Well, after work last night i went to lock my car and there was suddenly a LOT of resistance. I tried the key in both directions a couple times and added wd40 inside the lock mechanism and there was no change. It seems to function properly when i SLAM the door; so possibly there's a sag in my door hinger thats making the lock not line up when the door is closed? I just want to know if these are common problems, electrical issues are killing me on this car... i also have the supid airbag light on for no reason and part of the backlights behind the a/c controls are out half the time. Hyuindai can build an engine block but not a simple circuit?

HALP PLZ!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Drivers Side Door Lock Actuator is failing. Common problem with the tib. FourGreen on ebay sells them along with a few of NT's sponsors. They will run you around $120 online, or if you feel the need to be the dealerships friend, 400.

Window Motors, and small simple electronic problems plague our car. Myself I have 2 dead door actuators and a dead drivers side window... I've got the parts, just too lazy to change them lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
i'm dealing with the same issues : (
because of the result of my cars drivers side door stuck on lock, i have to replace both door latchs and the drivers side window motor. it's only about an hour in labour for me but the door lactch's are expensive. hyundai is apparently the only place i can get the parts and are quotted to cost $259 a piece. also when reading up on this common Tib problem it seems that all of them with this issue also have Air Bag light problems. as for mine i have the Air Bag light stuck on, and have had the dealer ship (Hyundai) reset it and after a few hours it comes back on and is stuck on again.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i'm dealing with the same issues : (
because of the result of my cars drivers side door stuck on lock, i have to replace both door latchs and the drivers side window motor. it's only about an hour in labour for me but the door lactch's are expensive. hyundai is apparently the only place i can get the parts and are quotted to cost $259 a piece. also when reading up on this common Tib problem it seems that all of them with this issue also have Air Bag light problems. as for mine i have the Air Bag light stuck on, and have had the dealer ship (Hyundai) reset it and after a few hours it comes back on and is stuck on again.
i havent had any problems yet except the airbag light, i know its mentioned on a couple other threads, but for me the airbag light was cuz of the passenger seatbelt buckle sensor f-ing up, luckily it was under warranty so dealer fixed it free, but if your out of warranty, and you can, tell the dealer to take a day or two and see if thats the problem and how much it will cost to replace/fix if it is the problem

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Same problem here. Door lock has been stuck in the "unlock" position for quite a while now. I was told it was the cable but I dunno. I think I might try getting a door lock actuator myself and see if that does the trick. Also, my hatch pooper stopped working as well around the same time. At first it would take 5-10 tries but now it doesn't work at all. Any fix for that?

·
Registered
96 Posts
You can get door lock actuators on ebay for around 60 shipped.

I just ordered one from a guy on there named Mirine and it was shipped direct from South Korea.

There is also a DIY on here on how to change it.

Check it out. Def worth it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts