Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2k6 GS, with auto. But anywho.. I removed the hot air snorkel and the resonator box from the intake. Left the elbow going from the filter box to the fender area, and thereby it would seem that I have a factory-looking cold air intake. Anyone else done this set-up before?

Curious. The car does seem just a tad bit more torquey, and only minimally louder than stock.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You would pretty much be dead on in that assertion.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I had the same setup when I first got my Tib waaaaaaaaaaay back in '02. Sounded great! Just drop in an OEM replacement K&N air filter to complete the system!

-BRR

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does have a very nice sound to it. Pretty subtle and slightly aggressive. And so far the gas mileage is up. First tank returned ~80 miles on the first quarter tank; this second tank returned about 98 miles on the first quarter tank.

·
Banned
434 Posts
Goldenguy said:
It does have a very nice sound to it. Pretty subtle and slightly aggressive. And so far the gas mileage is up. First tank returned ~80 miles on the first quarter tank; this second tank returned about 98 miles on the first quarter tank.

you must be doing a lot of driving in the city. i get ~380-400 miles/tank in mixed subburban/city driving.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my driving is basically all city. I hop on the highway both for work and for school drives, but work is under four miles away, and school is about 10 miles one way, and I don't think the highway driving benefits really kick in until well after either of those.

When I had my Elantra, I was typically seeing from 70-90 miles on the first quarter tank, and half-tank by 140-160 in the same drive, so I would say I'm seeing roughly the same results. :m_thumrig

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finished it off today with a drop-in K&N panel filter. Sure beats the hell out of the restrictive stock paper filter!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts