Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know a lot of honda kids who just spray primer over their paint...butttt

anywayss, right now i have a piece of ****, 1997, auto eclipse, that the trans is going and i hate itttt. i love driving, but driving my car is nooo fun. so i wanna make it fun againnn.

i was thinking, what would happened if i sprayed primer over the paint, spray painted color over that, and than sprayed some shiny top coat over that?

im thinking, pinkk lol [p.s. i dont care what you think of the color kthanks, im asking if it could be done]

my friend painted her hood pink before she crashed her hatch, and i think it looks fine, just needs some shiny clear coat;

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
i think people would just laugh

·
Registered
894 Posts
my 95 auto eclipse i am on transmission number 3!!!!! its lasted awhile tho, third one went in at 55k miles, it has 98500 now, haha

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Um, hellllllll nooooooooo...

Well, there is this one guy in Houston (Korean Evan) who decided to spray paint various exterior pieces on his Tiburon black.

·
Always Here To Help
3,920 Posts
Spray can = NO!
If you are serious about painting it yourself, get a spray gun and a small compressor. Then just sand the area to paint and spray it yourself, primer - coats of color - coats of clear, polish to a shine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spray can = NO!
If you are serious about painting it yourself, get a spray gun and a small compressor. Then just sand the area to paint and spray it yourself, primer - coats of color - coats of clear, polish to a shine.
i hate that car, im not putting that much effort into it, its going to breakdown in less than a year... lol

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
Um, hellllllll nooooooooo...

Well, there is this one guy in Houston (Korean Evan) who decided to spray paint various exterior pieces on his Tiburon black.
I think everyone drove him away for it too, because he barely posts here, although I see him post on other forums. Sad, sad.

The power of bad modding decisions...

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Its your car, but whenever I see someone's lame attempt at painting there car with rattle cans, I just laugh and continue on my way. You can't change people's poor taste, but you can prevent yourself from following in there bad decisions. :)

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I spray painted my old cavalier before i got it done professionally...i mean just like the saying you get what you pay for...pretty much the same applies to the paint quality of look you will get from it...wont look horrible, but it wont look great, but yes it can be done if done correctly.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Look out! Old guy advise ahead....

If you hate it, and if you know it's gonna break down soon, GET RID OF IT while it's still functional.

ESPECIALLY if you know it's gonna die. Unload it. Trade it in. Donate it. Something. Don't just wait for it to die and then say, "see, I told ya so"

Then you're stuck with a busted old p.o.s. that nobody wants! Don't put a dime into it. Just dump it!

.....or you could DONK it. :3_clown: (see other thread)

·
Lighting and Accessories
10,480 Posts
That reminds me, there was a thread posted, oh idk, had to be 20 months ago, that had an article of this guy who painted his car with spray paint. Used some special paints and clears and primers and buffers and all kinds of ****. When he was done, it was a stock-looking paint job, it was on like a 65 Impala or something, but the car looked brand new. So yes, it can be done, but most can't do it.

Now I want to see that article again! Where did it go?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You guys should see my next door neighbor he spray painted his truck in camouflage . LOL

its is an old @$$ truck so it doesn't matter

1 - 20 of 58 Posts