Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is a 2004 with 13k miles on it.

Over the past 2 years, I have noticed the paint on the plastic parts; (rear bumber, side gills, gas cap cover), start to fade.

I live in a warm and sunny climate, my car stays covered when not in use and yet, the shine is fading.

I use car wash and spray detail; nothing with harsh chemicals that may affect the paint.

So before I go searching through my paperwork to read my paint warranty, what does the general consensus think? It wouldn't hurt to take it in and file a claim with Hyundai, I guess.

EDIT: here's a picture I just snapped of the gas cap. The other plastic parts are not this bad.

This does give me an excuse to buy a new silver or chrome gas cap cover though. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i have the same issue with my gas cap and i was told by othher members if you take it to the dealership they will replace or repaint it under warranty. i do not know how any miles/years the paint is warrantied for though. my car only has 18k on it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PS1 said:
i think its 3years or 36000miles
If that is the case, when I bring my car in for service I will also mention the paint and have it inspected. I don't drive the car much since I have a motorcycle for daily transpo. I still want to keep it looking as new as possible.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They'll cover it. I had mine repainted a week ago.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The gas cap they will replace under warranty. As for the plastic trim pieces, I dont think they will replace them. I bought some stuff that works. I think its made by Mothers and its called Back to Black. I also heard that peanut butter works good too.

·
Retired Staff | Track Rat
5,714 Posts
Have a read at this thread

I know Chaotix got his car repainted thanks to fighting it, and won.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Skorch said:
They'll cover it. I had mine repainted a week ago.
:3_withstu Had mine done about 2 weeks ago at around 35,800 miles

·
Registered
103 Posts
My brother took his in and they offered to repaint his gas cover or replace it with a metal look one. He choose the metal look one.

I took mine in for the door handles. Twice they said they would have to schedule it at the paint shop. In the mean time I bought some chrome door handles. After not hearing from the dealership for a month. I called them and asked them about installing the chrome handles and they did on warranty.

·
Registered
869 Posts
i wish i was in the states....my car's paint started warping july of this year....but since i'm in europe i have to go to a hyundai dealership, pay for it myself, and then go through hyundai corporate to get my money back

1 - 16 of 16 Posts