Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has DC headers with the SSA cat-back and preferably no cats, or the SSA headers and exhaust (engine back) withOUT cats... if so, could you please post a video/sound clip and your opinion/experiences with the combination.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yeah! no cats

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah! no cats
definitely no cats...

i just want to hear it... everyone says the SSA headers+exhaust sounds like bees or whatever, i want to hear that because if it's high-pitched then i like it, doesn't matter if it "buzzes" or whatever it is.

and if the DCs sound the same as the SSAs, then i might just go with the SSAs. I don't know- $400 is a lot for me (i'm a student :3_saai: ), so I could jsut get the SSAs and spend the money on something else for my car...

·
Registered
9 Posts
definitely no cats...

i just want to hear it... everyone says the SSA headers+exhaust sounds like bees or whatever, i want to hear that because if it's high-pitched then i like it, doesn't matter if it "buzzes" or whatever it is.

and if the DCs sound the same as the SSAs, then i might just go with the SSAs. I don't know- $400 is a lot for me (i'm a student :3_saai: ), so I could jsut get the SSAs and spend the money on something else for my car...
i have dc headers with the ssa exhaust. once i installed it i loved it. but recently(more like yesterday) i found out theres an exhaust leak. theres a hole where an o2 sensor i believe is supposed to be so i dunno. since i found this out, i really dont know how it really truely sounds, but right now its super loud. oh yeah, no cat!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have dc headers with the ssa exhaust. once i installed it i loved it. but recently(more like yesterday) i found out theres an exhaust leak. theres a hole where an o2 sensor i believe is supposed to be so i dunno. since i found this out, i really dont know how it really truely sounds, but right now its super loud. oh yeah, no cat!
i don't think an exhaust leak will change the sound, unless it's a full cut-out or something... not sure bout that tho.
but either way, do you have a sound/video clip of it? does it get really high-pitched, or how would you describe it (other than raspy/not raspy)?
- i don't know what people mean by "rasp", so i'm trying to use other words to figure out how it sounds.

thanks tho!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
hahafunnylookin there should be a total of 4 o2 sensors. 2 for each header. one will be a little higher up than the others. Can u do viva-brasil a favor and go to my thread http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92317 and compare for him? He heard mine in person and keep in mind this clip is when the car is running wide open

·
Registered
981 Posts
i have ssa headers and ssa catback, and it sounded like a very loud dirtbike, so if u like that kind of stuff, more power to u, i have since installed a high flow cat

·
Registered
9 Posts
hahafunnylookin there should be a total of 4 o2 sensors. 2 for each header. one will be a little higher up than the others. Can u do viva-brasil a favor and go to my thread http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92317 and compare for him? He heard mine in person and keep in mind this clip is when the car is running wide open
mine sounds very similiar to that. but theres a litttleee difference i just cant find the words to put it. but its very close. i have a video but its not very good, but i'll post it up here anyway. and what should i do with the hole? just put a big enough bolt there? everytime i go thru like a tunnel or stuck in between cars and i punch it, all i hear is headers. and most of the time i hear the sound from under my car. and when i put the silencers in it was still loud

·
Registered
981 Posts
u dont have the bung hole covered? ur not suppose to be driving with that open, u need to put a screw in there that came with ur headers

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
that wjhat is sounds like ^^

On ur SSA exhaust was there a hole? They should have shipped some kind of plug for it but it seems they didnt with a lot of people. Im sure some1 on here knows the correct size but yes putting something there will knock down the noise alot

·
Registered
981 Posts
yea mines came with a bung hole on my catback and it didnt come with a screw, but i had a lot of leftover screws from my ssa headers that came with it, so i just used one of those and screwed it right on

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey funnylookin, thanks for the vid!! i think i know what ppl mean by "raspy", but i don't mind it... as long as the exhaust changes pitch from low to high and doesn't just "buzz", then i like it...

tanelk, did your SSA engine back catless sound like that (the video above)??

·
Registered
981 Posts
no, it sounds worse, im telling u, imagine a fly buzzing right next to ur ear, thats how its gonna sound when u punch it above the 3000 rpm mark, thats why everyone gets a high flow cat, it takes it away, i was to embarrassed to drive my car around when i didnt have the high flow cat on

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hahahaha!!! the descriptions of the SSA headers+exhaust w/o cat are hilarious...

funnylookin, how is it on the inside? does it really bother you when you drive, or does it sound nice? is there any more drone than what you experienced with just the SSA cat-back?

thanks again for the video!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
if its anything like the DC set up i have it gets loud inside the car under acceleration

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
i have ssa headers and ssa catback, and it sounded like a very loud dirtbike, so if u like that kind of stuff, more power to u, i have since installed a high flow cat
What he said, I did the exact same thing . And it sounds ****:3_winkthu

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fstrtib: you mean you got a hi-flow cat installed? i would prefer to run without cats... have you had any issues with the SSAs w/ fitment or CELs?
any video clips of full SSA (headers+exhaust) with a cat?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts