Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The threads I find only have photos of finished headlights, headlights of 06 and older, or no working photos at all. Does anyone still have photo or video of installation of the diode dynamics angel eyes on an 07/08 headlight?

I installed sharkracing angel eyes on my first tib By drilling a hole in the bottom of the light bezel to poke the wires through, and secured with glue I think. I’m wondering if there is a cleaner method to use on my current tib, and if the wires from the Diode Dynamics rings are positioned in a way I can avoid drilling through the bezel.

I just want to find the cleanest options for DD AE installation on an 08, but having a hard time finding any pics or videos. Any help appreciated.

current rings for sale for 07/08 are HD LED Halo Kit for 2007-2008 Hyundai Tiburon

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont have a diy video but I tossed my headlights one by one in the oven after removing all the screws on bake 220 for about 12 minutes. Pulled them apart. Removed the silver bezels and twisted picture wirse 3 each halo around the halo and the bezel to secure it. I did not have to drill any holes and so far a month in they have not fallen off.

I recommend being very delicate when pulling the light apart because the plastic inside is very weak and will crack easily.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have a diy video but I tossed my headlights one by one in the oven after removing all the screws on bake 220 for about 12 minutes. Pulled them apart. Removed the silver bezels and twisted picture wirse 3 each halo around the halo and the bezel to secure it. I did not have to drill any holes and so far a month in they have not fallen off.

I recommend being very delicate when pulling the light apart because the plastic inside is very weak and will crack easily.

nice colors and bumper! Would you happen to have any pics of how/where you placed the wire around the rings and bezels?

·
Registered
11 Posts
nice colors and bumper! Would you happen to have any pics of how/where you placed the wire around the rings and bezels?
I'll see if I can dig up some pics but for the most part, the wire went on the inner ring on the side thats closest to the hood since my car is low and people normally view the car from above the wires are not visible. Pretty much resting slightly on the bulb. I played with bulb tempatures and the LEDs do not really heat up so it was safe for me to do it that way. Then I strapped them on to the grey rings with 3 sets of thin as u can buy picture hanging wire from homedepot. You just wrap then around the halo and twist them tight from the back using a needle nose. Then I clipped the grey bezel rings back on and it held. Since the wire is so thin.

Due to how old my lights are a few clips on the bezel did break but it still went in sturdy.

I only recommend doing it this way if you have LED as HIDs heat up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts