Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to go with an NGM budget long block, a stealth turbo kit, and a levelten trans kit stage III.....BUT.....It will take forever to raise 10 grand +. :3_frusty:

So.....Im gonna save that for down the line and go more conservative for now. Does anyone have I/E/H, safc, springs, and a sniper (or assasin)? what times do you run and are their any reliability issues you have had?

Ive talked with some of the older and wiser members and they told to concentrate more on school and get a degree in college and try to save some cash. If I dump it all in the Tib, Ill have nothing to show for it down the line. Any insight on this setup would be appreciated....

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I thought about doing the same thing, and realized, why. Unless you hit up the track everyweekend, what exactly would the point of this be? I decided to do this gradually. First the sniper on a stock block along with I/H/E if that doesnt come first (well atleast I/E, then headers once you get the sniper) and atleast a front motor mount... then the assassin and upgrade stuff like the clutch, flywheel, injectors, etc.. then Ill work on the money for a longblock, and then some transmission work along with the longblock. I probably left out ALOT of stuff, and 10 grand is pretty low for that setup, i would expect maybe 12k+ and if you dont do this yourself... better rob a bank or somethin.

I will say, if TC is still around, I would give my setup 4-5 years before I get the setup complete.. cause im planning on school as well. But sniper is soon..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts