Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im getting quotes for 300$ to install a viper 791XV... well at least best buy is $150

to me that's just unacceptable lol. i guess because im a college student.

anyone in north cal that can help me out? i could pay like 50$ :eek: and some beer :p

or do you guys think im able to do it myself? i got basics of how circuits work and have hooked up prototype things for my circuits class but never done any kind of car alarm installation.

think it's out of my league? know anyone in my area that could help me out? thanks =]

edit: im fine with any alarm system but the 791xv was recommended. im open to anything else though

·
Registered
383 Posts
no offence but that type of security system is pretty time consuming to install. Are you planning on hooking up the R/S portion or just the security? Either way I'd say best buy quoted you a fair price.

Furthermore, if you've never done a secuirty system/ R/S/ Keyless, whatever, i'd say let the professionals do it, or plan on at least a full day to install it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Insanephreak said:
no offence but that type of security system is pretty time consuming to install. Are you planning on hooking up the R/S portion or just the security? Either way I'd say best buy quoted you a fair price.

Furthermore, if you've never done a secuirty system/ R/S/ Keyless, whatever, i'd say let the professionals do it, or plan on at least a full day to install it.
yeah the unacceptable was referring to the 300$ from a custom audio shop... i think bb quoted a fair price too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
teylix said:
yeah the unacceptable was referring to the 300$ from a custom audio shop... i think bb quoted a fair price too.
gotcha, tiburons are not too hard to work on, just doing a 791xv for the first time can seem alittle daunting. Take your time with it and dont get frustrated if it doesn't work perfect the first time, there are alot of wires that can be hooked up on that. you can find the wire colors on here for the tib. I'm sure there are people willing to help on here of in cal. If I was near your area i'd be willing to come out and help but i'm 2000+ miles away :3_puh2:

·
Rool : Pron Spammer
4,097 Posts
teylix said:
If Peter gets his insurance and his car tuned, maybe I can get him to drive out with me. Then you can see his turbo setup on his car. Not sure if you want to take a crack at the installation or bring it somewhere, but if you want to do it, I can bring the electrical manual.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id love to see the turbo. but i think i might pass off the responsibility to best buy so if it doesnt work i got someone to blame that isnt me :p i have a feeling that ill cross two wrong wires and fry the electrical system or something lol.

wouldnt mind hanging out, driving around, etc etc though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts