Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm kinda po'd because as u all know I've had tons of issues with my car, well...after all my issues I finally got it running slapped in the turbo the thing boosted like no tomorrow and was crazy but no issues, just ran pig rich, so I took it and had it tuned (probably back in June?) and have had nothing but issues since... not wanting to deal with it NOR having the time to actually sit down and put my full attention to it, I've kinda just ignored it and worked around the true issue (the tune)....

So now I'm sitting here trying to figure out crap, actually spending my time on focusing on if the original shop that did the eManage install even set the base settings correctly...

But the issue with this is, I can't find ANY base Parameter Settings for the damn eManage for beta2 engine's anywhere...

So, I ask, could someone compare my settings to yours...

Now, I could be wrong in saying this, but they have my Engine Code set to H22A which is a honda 2.2L engine, correct me if I'm wrong, but with the eManage, shouldn't it be set to a 4G63 ? The only question there is which 4G63 Setting is it ? There are three settings 4G63(1-4), 4G63(5), 4G63...

Please tell me what you see wrong in these settings...

thanks in advance:

--------------------------------------------
Parameter Setting:

|Vehicle|
Engine Code: H22A
# of Cylinders: 4
Engine Size: 2200
Airflow Meter Type: Pressure
Airflow Meter Spec: HN_PR-1
Airflow Change to: (nothing here)
RPM Signal Type: RPM Signal
Crank Angle Type: HN_1
Off Set Angle: 0.0
Vehicle Speed Pulse: 4
Vehicle Speed Ajd.: 100%
Speed Limiter Cut: Deactivate

| CH Setting |
|X| Water Tem (Box Checked)
Sensor Type: HN_WT-1
Relay Conditior ON: 0.0 (Over C) OFF 0.0 (Below C)

| | Intake Temp (Box NOT Checked)
Relay Conditior ON: 0.0 (Over C) OFF 0.0 (Below C)

Knock Signal: Not Used
Sensor Type: Resonant

Airflow Input 2: Aux Output
Analog Input: Not Used
Analog Output: Not Used

| Front Panel |
Option1: GReddy Pressure Sensor
Option2: Not Used
Serial: Not Used
Warning:
|X| and
RPM 8000 (Above)

Dip Switch: (None Used)

| A/F Target |
Affected Ma: Not Used
Water Temp: 80 - 95 C
Throttle Posistion: 90%
Start Time: 120 Sec
Feedback Cycle: 200 ms
Feedback Amount: 0.5%

| I / J |
~ CH-1 ~
Type: + / -
Map: 1
Map2 1

~ CH-2 ~
Map: 2
Map2 2

~ CH-3 ~
Map: 3
Map2 3

~ CH-4 ~
Map: 4
Map2 4

~I/J Size~
Before: 180 cc/min
After: 660 cc/min

~I/J Lag Time~
Before: 0.7 msec
After: 1.5 msec

--------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'm not much inclined about emanage as everyone, i think, here, so my opinion is 4G63(1-4) means the evos1 to 4, so you'd be better with trying the last one which follows the 5, but not the nineth, cause it's a mivec(cvvt). i didn't understand some of options, but everything seems logical .pity that knock monitoring isn't used, it would do only good.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apkraven said:
i'm not much inclined about emanage as everyone, i think, here, so my opinion is 4G63(1-4) means the evos1 to 4, so you'd be better with trying the last one which follows the 5, but not the nineth, cause it's a mivec(cvvt). i didn't understand some of options, but everything seems logical .pity that knock monitoring isn't used, it would do only good.
Yea, but if I change it to the 4G63 it changes the Airflow Meter to a Karman, which is a MAF (Hz) when the b2 uses a MAP (v) so, I don't know if the Hz to V conversion will go right when using the 4g63... also not sure what would happen to the ECU or MAP Sensor if I tried this...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
yes, that settings should not be changed. your map shows absolute voltage, not some pulsating in Hz, so at least map settings seem to be right. btw did you try to check the voltages as i recommended? i think the problems are because of some errors in clamping or indications

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apkraven said:
yes, that settings should not be changed. your map shows absolute voltage, not some pulsating in Hz, so at least map settings seem to be right. btw did you try to check the voltages as i recommended? i think the problems are because of some errors in clamping or indications
Actually I have a lead on the MAP sensor issue... and basically it's in the tune...

and btw, in the emanage if you change the engine code it changes the airflow meter type, meter spec, crank angle, and a few other things... so I can't select the meter type... So I'm wondering if that's why they used the H22A engine code.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have you ever took it apart to change the setting on it. If they set it to that honda setting then the emanage is also set for Vtec. You would have to take it apart to do so. If you need links let me know I can find the link again. When I had mine installed I researched it and found out about those setting and yes when my friend installed that he did infact set it correctly. Pm me if you need help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts