Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet the number one qualifier of the day...

The car ran a 10.70 right off the trailer. Hyundai is officially in the 10s. Check out IDRC at Importdrag.com to see more about the day. The link is here: http://www.importdrag.com/2006results.html

He didn't win in his class, but he would have if he didn't jump the gun on his last run. The 300zx he raced pulled an 11+ second pass. Not only was I stoked about it, running the first race since I sponsored a full CF hatch for it, but we were able to speak with VIS and give them the proposal that landed another full ride sponsorship for this beautiful hood. So are you guys stoked? We're in the 10's for the first time in the 10 years the Tiburon has been around, and this time it was a full fledged race even, and the tiburon didn't have two engines (SCC Mclintyre 1st gen).

Nobody has been able to pull it off, but with a built auto and a 4 cylinder motor APE broke the record again!

·
Registered
208 Posts
wow nice job :3_nosthum

·
Registered
85 Posts
10 in an auto I4 is pretty impressive. Nice work on the car, thats when its all worth it I bet.
The 300Zx was 6spd no doubt.

·
Registered
972 Posts
mMmMmMm soooo SEXY!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Bryce said:
10 in an auto I4 is pretty impressive. Nice work on the car, thats when its all worth it I bet.
The 300Zx was 6spd no doubt.
Great job on the run APE.

Bryce how can you tell the 300 was a 6spd? :2_rolleye

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 300 was a 1991 so I doubt it was 6 speed. And the auto is fully custom built by APE to be stronger than the manual tranny, and it shifts at preselected points. Its SICK.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
FlyRyde said:
the 300 was a 1991 so I doubt it was 6 speed. And the auto is fully custom built by APE to be stronger than the manual tranny, and it shifts at preselected points. Its SICK.
It is typical for people with little to no knowledge of drag racing to assume that a manual tranny is faster. Blame it on 2F2F, lol

SO, do you have a vid of the run? :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
That is great news for all of us Tib owners and the fact that it was done with a 4 banger automatic only makes it better. Lets see those engine pics!

·
Registered
972 Posts
lol i just noticed it has no side mirrors lol

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
RedTuscani2k3 said:
lol i just noticed it has no side mirrors lol
i bet you theres a hole under that american flag, lol. :3_chubby:

·
Registered
956 Posts
MrPhotoman said:
It is typical for people with little to no knowledge of drag racing to assume that a manual tranny is faster. Blame it on 2F2F, lol

SO, do you have a vid of the run? :)
or old tech slush boxes...fast auto trannies are relativly new....especially the ones that are faster than the manuals out of the box (like the BMW)

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
AUTO POWER!!!!

and to answer the persons question if it would have been faster in manual, probably not, the built auto tranny hes runnin is faster than a manual tranny

hood looks nice, hatch looks nice, lack of mirrors looks nice too lol, i wanna see a vid though lol

·
Swim away fishes...
5,421 Posts
You didn't like the in-car vid posted before?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts