Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I bought the Neo from R100's and I don't need help installing it, since R100's helps me out already on finding the diagram. I just have one question, does the NEO have the knock sensor wire to connect to? And another questiong would be, why do the thing have two power and two ground wires??? That's not making sense to me.

Help me~~~ I guess I need help.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Okay, I bought the Neo from R100's and I don't need help installing it, since R100's helps me out already on finding the diagram. I just have one question, does the NEO have the knock sensor wire to connect to? And another questiong would be, why do the thing have two power and two ground wires??? That's not making sense to me.

Help me~~~ I guess I need help.
i just installed my neo, i didnt pay attention to wether or not there was 2 positive wires but my guess would be becasue its a v tec controller too. dont quote me on that tho. as far as ground i had to tap 2 grounds into the same wire on the ecu and stagger them. i think i read that it was because the way the neo recieves signal but again dont quote me.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i also didnt notice 2 positive wires but you DO need to set up the 2 ground wires they way the diagram says or it wont work. I wired up the knock sensor the first time I installed it and it didnt do anything and my car had a lot of issues. I undid it and my car started running correctly. however it could have been my fault im not saying for certain that i wired the knock sensor correctly as i just did what somebody on the forum said. if you do figure out how to make it work let us know =)

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I have found that you will have problems if the neg wires are not staggered as directed with either the Neo or the SAFC II - but from testing, I can assure you, the secondary power wire will have no effect if hooked directly to the same spot as the primary power wire. This of course is on the Tib... so.. for those of you who have the SAFC already hooked up.. run both the power wires to the same lead - it will function... I have a few miles on the car with it like this and have found no side effects for doing it this way.. I assume it has some function for the VTEC controller

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have found that you will have problems if the neg wires are not staggered as directed with either the Neo or the SAFC II - but from testing, I can assure you, the secondary power wire will have no effect if hooked directly to the same spot as the primary power wire. This of course is on the Tib... so.. for those of you who have the SAFC already hooked up.. run both the power wires to the same lead - it will function... I have a few miles on the car with it like this and have found no side effects for doing it this way.. I assume it has some function for the VTEC controller
on the neo when i first installed it i had a problem not getting the rpms to show up so i reconnected just that wire and it worked fine but now i dont have my af % anymore... any idea why? its not even a option anymore in the monitor mode. does your throttle and intake pipe pressure flux a bit between .0 voltage?

·
Registered
808 Posts
just make sure that you hook up both power wires. I did just one, and the car wouln't even start, and nor would I get any throttle readings. Hooked up second power wire, car started right up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for the infos. I am horrible at going to back to threads I post on or started. I had Neo in my car for about two weeks now, good 1500 miles on it already.

First, you have to connect both power wires. One is solid red wire, and one is red/white stripe. I still do not know why there are two power wires.

Second, you have to connect two grounds. Apparently, there are two power because there are two ground. I guess you guys are right, maybe extra ground and power is for the Vtec controller. Doesn't say exactly what extra power and ground wires are for on the manual that came with the NEO.

Third, there isn't knock sensor on the NEO, Kenny (R100's) told me, and I've contacted Apexi too.

Fourth, it's really easy installation. Just need to figure out how to mount the unit cleanly.

Fifth, I need to get the damn thing tuned.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks guys for the infos. I am horrible at going to back to threads I post on or started. I had Neo in my car for about two weeks now, good 1500 miles on it already.

First, you have to connect both power wires. One is solid red wire, and one is red/white stripe. I still do not know why there are two power wires.

Second, you have to connect two grounds. Apparently, there are two power because there are two ground. I guess you guys are right, maybe extra ground and power is for the Vtec controller. Doesn't say exactly what extra power and ground wires are for on the manual that came with the NEO.

Third, there isn't knock sensor on the NEO, Kenny (R100's) told me, and I've contacted Apexi too.

Fourth, it's really easy installation. Just need to figure out how to mount the unit cleanly.

Fifth, I need to get the damn thing tuned.....
i turned the air vent off but the driver side door and just mounted mind over that. it keeps it visible and out of the way.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Im not sure if there is enough wire to reach, i have not yet tried to begin installing it becase its soooo cold here and im trying to see if that harness ever comes about. If its not long enough couldnt they just be extended? Thats the only logical and erginomical place i see puting the neo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
http://newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100234&highlight=neo+installation

The easiest and cleanest look of all!!!!! Imma do this, but reverse the sides, where I have NEO on the left side with buttons on the left side, which will be easier for me to reach.

Also, there are two power and ground, because one of each are used for the voltage sensor that displays voltage on the NEO, they are for nothing else. That's my conclusion, I am 100% getting that answer outta my rear exit door, so don't quote me on it. I am about to do Viva_brasil's NEO like in 5 mins, so I am going over the NEO stuffs again like my thread and threads on nt.com and diagram.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Old thread

but its not too hard to extend the wiring. Some solder and heat shrink stuff and your golden. Easy enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts