Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Slortchus Maximus Non-Adminus
7,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all started just like everyone else, but my point was to represent Korean cars. I have owned Mitsubishi Eclipse to Mazda RX-7 (about 10-12 different cars) while I was living in Canada and U.S till 2000, I had to come to Korea to do my military service. I needed a daily car for a year before joining the army, so I just bought a Hyundai Tiburon. I wanted to start modify my car as soon as bought a used 2001 Tiburon, so I visited this tuning shop called "PROSS.”

I was amazed at their hardware setup, dyno/ECU tune, and ability to make cars faster. As soon as riding in one of mechanic’s GT30 360whp Turbo Tiburon, I decided to boost my Tiburon with T3 turbo setup. It was my best experience and feelings in turbo Tiburon, even though I have driven and owned many Japanese turbo cars and American Muscle cars. It only took 2days to install custom made turbo set up and dyno tune it, and it was just surprise after surprise. I really loved the set up and how it handled without any problem.
I only thought of old American fashion way to boost cars like installing turbo kits in backyard, drive around to tune with AFC, and blow the engine in few weeks. I also started my own website for Korean guys who were interested in tuning cars, and I wanted to start representing by making videos and providing all event/shop/model pictures. Our member's become more and more, and my car did second place at drag event and getting more recognition. My fun didn't last long. I had to join the army for 2 years, so I had to sell my car. I also had to go back to U.S after getting out from the army to finish up my school.

Every time I spoke to my friends in U.S, they didn't believe what Korean cars can do.
Most of them thought Korean cars were just a P.O.S, and they became ok with good warranty or something.
There weren't anybody to represent Korean cars straight from Korea and show the world what these cars can do. I wanted to call up all my friends who worked in varies big tuning shop to U.S to start up something, but it was too risky. So I decided to move back to Korea after graduating from school and start representing everything in English, so anybody in the world can share.

My second Tiburon (what I currently own) was also used 2003 GL model, and it didn't come with sunroof and other options (lighter is better). I also become a partial owner of a tuning shop which one of head mechanic from PROSS started in 2004.

Since people think more whp is the better, I wanted to go with something that makes a lot of power while still reliable. So I went with Garrett GT3071 turbo which is known for fast spool up time. We all custom fabricated turbo manifold to roll cages except for few things that were needed from outside of Korea such as turbo, injectors, and waste gate. Believe or not, all the fabrication was done by 1 person in 2 weeks. After break-in period of new hardware, it took out [email protected] wheels. Few weeks after, it took out 432.43 whp after removing the race cat.

I haven’t had any single problem driving it daily, and I am really satisfied with everything. We will be pushing more boost and go over 450whp right before this year's drag event.

Modifications:

Exterior:
F/L front bumper
F/L headlights
F/L taillights
M&S front lip spoiler
Carbon fiber hood painted in black
17x8 WORK EMOTION KAI Bronze
Suspension:
Apexi N1 adjustable coilover
Carbon fiber front strut bar
11point circuit ready rollcage set up

Engine:
Garrett GT3071R w/
seoulfulracing manifold
seoulfulracing Intercooler
seoulfulracing intake pipe
seoulfulracing BOVx2
seoulfulracing 3" custom made catback exhaust
630cc injector
Bosch fuel pump
Fuel Pressure regulator
Fuel return line
Oil catch tank
radiator support tank
racing radiator
NGK plug 9's
ITG 100mm air filter
System BBTB
270 duration Highcam shaft
Valeo Extreme clutch/flywheel
Stopper:
4 piston calipers with 13" rotors in front
11" brake kit in rear

Interior:
Basically gutted out most of interior parts
Bride racing seats
Takata harnesses
Defi gauge and controller
F/L 6spd shift knob

Engine management:
full ECU remap

Misc:
Seoulfulracing.com smiley sticker
Seoulfulracing.com banner sticker
XG horns​

A lot of people don't know what these Korean cars are capable of. There are bunch of daily driven turbo Tiburon’s in Korea, and they don't have a single problem after boosting it under good care from shops and owners. My turbo Tiburon is just one of good examples how to modify Korean cars. There are Tiburons, Elantra XDs and Accents that make over 600whp with the 2.0 Beta engines that anyone from outside of Korea know. That is why I made my English site to provide visuals and share some of technical information and work. I will be keep modifying Korean cars and representing what these bad boys can do.

And once again from our awesome site sponser Turbo Wax, you will receive:

1) 4oz Turbo Wax Paint Protection
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Pre Wax Cleanser
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Tire Gel
1) 4oz Turbo Wax 3 Amigos
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Last Minute Detailer
1) 4oz Turbo Wax Car Shampoo
1) Applicator

Congrats Kdmguy!!!

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
nice pick for the COTM, this guy def deserved it :3_pimatyo

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Nice ride Jay, you definitly deserve it.
Chase

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
wow sex on wheels. def deserving of cotm. what happened to the side skirts on the new pics?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Very much deserving of the COTM title. I love how the exterior isn't overboard... It has that clean/sleek/fast look to it. The power you put down with that bad boy is very impressive. Keep it up!

·
Registered
60 Posts
that decal on the side of the hood is amazing........i love your car you know how to represent tiburon all around the world

·
NT's Medical Student
1,120 Posts
wow your car is boosting over 400 whp on stock internals?

·
Registered
443 Posts
yellowtibby said:
wow your car is boosting over 400 whp on stock internals?
are you serious?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Absolutely stunning! Congratulations KDMguy!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.