Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to make this easy, I'd like to just grab a hood that will clear the assassin with no grinding/modification. Does anyone know of such a hood? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I don't know of any off the top of my head... But seriously... it's a 30 min fix max... New hood $500+ or....

Hood spacers $20 if you buy a kit.... $5 if you buy some nuts and bolts from home depot.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
krnxwestsider said:
correct me if im wrong.. but doesnt the assassin already have enough clearance to fit the blower?? how much bigger can the blower be compared to the alpine one??

It's not the blower that hits... there was a picture going around ... it was mainly the TB and some other bracket.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
You just have to make a slight modification to you hood in that area on the under skeleton.
I amongst others with Alpines had to put a small dent in our oem hoods because even with front and rear full poly motor mounts, the top of TB was still bumping the underside of the hood, so it's nothing new.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, I do not want hood spacers...that looks like crap.

·
Registered
867 Posts
^^^ yep - plan on using Mr. Makita grinder... :3_usehead

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
jasontib777 said:
ok, I do not want hood spacers...that looks like crap.
Personally I'd be willing to trade raising the hood an inch in the rear to fit 300whp+ under the hood, and I did (sadly for only about 200whp :().

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So what I'm gathering here is that you need to grind down the hood truss to fit ANY supercharger, not just the assassin?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
openthewell said:
Personally I'd be willing to trade raising the hood an inch in the rear to fit 300whp+ under the hood, and I did (sadly for only about 200whp :().
It really doesn't look that bad... seeing Zeenon53's hood helped me make up my mind.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
05GT said:
It really doesn't look that bad... seeing Zeenon53's hood helped me make up my mind.
for sure; and I did exactly what zeenon did. All it took was 5 bux and a quick trip to home depot.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
They should start making those "bubble" hoods that are on stock dsms for the tib so that you guys don't have clearence issues

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just went and looked at the underside of my hood. Where do you have to grind down? Is it the bump where the washer fluid hoses run? If so, how would you re route the hoses?

·
pass dat....
5,210 Posts
For the time being I have spacers on my hood. Once TC finishes the TB I might be able to take the spacers out. The support brace on my seibon TS hood is a lot smaller than the stock ones and it might be able to clear the blower from the looks of it, its going to be close. But it all depends on the TB.

BTW- I never had a problem with hood clearence when I had my alpine SC many moons ago....lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.