Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got the STS installed and its nice, I think I need to raise it some though. The shifting is a little stiff....anyway the real ? I have is when I was installing the new one.....

On step 3 of the instructions - it says to remove the clip on the right side CAREFULLY well try and try, my clip refused to budge.......I finally got it off but it broke. I took plyers and crushed it together again. That being said do I need a new one of those washers? Or will the old/broken one be ok?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
crowebar said:
Ok so I got the STS installed and its nice, I think I need to raise it some though. The shifting is a little stiff....anyway the real ? I have is when I was installing the new one.....

On step 3 of the instructions - it says to remove the clip on the right side CAREFULLY well try and try, my clip refused to budge.......I finally got it off but it broke. I took plyers and crushed it together again. That being said do I need a new one of those washers? Or will the old/broken one be ok?
I would replace it... it's probably around $2 if you order it from the dealer. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I guess I will........I will post my pics of it later, along with my war wound. I had to remove the plastic cap on part of the ark shifter. While doing this I sliced my finger NICE lol.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
crowebar said:
Ya I guess I will........I will post my pics of it later, along with my war wound. I had to remove the plastic cap on part of the ark shifter. While doing this I sliced my finger NICE lol.

Dang.. you used a knife to get that cap off.... I just heated it up, and it slipped right off... since I didn't have the right tool.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I finally used a sawzall metal blade, and hand sawed it off...........but ya thats what I get for not having all the tools I needed lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts