Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARK Performance brings innovate premium quality damper kits that give precise comfort and balanced handling cornering to sophisticate drivers without loosing there performance results.
ARK damper kits offer different series for your driving situation. SP Series was designed for all your driving conditions with greater performance. This full length adjustment system allows you to set various set-ups to meet different road conditions. And hard rubber upper and lower mount design in SP series absorb noise and vibration to the cabin for quite operation while still offering minuteness suspension proofing. DT Series was developed primarily to serve maximum handling for experienced drivers. This preminum aluminum construction series with special coat on the thread ensure to resist rust and corrosion. And spring rates are tuned to provide high stability and favorable handling characteristics with a neutral front and rear balance.

DT-P

- 0-16 Levels of Adjustable Damper
- Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber
- Spring Rates: 3kg/mm to 14kg/mm
- Adjustable Ride Height
- Aggressive Spring Rates
- Single-Cylinder Design
- All rates from 3kg/mm to 14kg/mm are kept in stock
- Mono-tube shock design for quick reacting and quite dampening operations.
- Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
- All coilover damper kits come with 15months manufacture-defect warranty.
- All Hardware is Included

I've had these coilover installed for about a month now. The ride quality is absolutely amazing.
I've tried virtually all of the damper levels and I am definitely impressed with this system.

At first I was worried about coilovers because of the other threads I've read about other products making the ride too rough. Not the case with the Ark DTP system, even on some of the stiffer settings, these coilovers produce a nice smooth ride.

Before I installed these my setup consisted of stock struts with Eibach Pro springs. Well... this system makes it feel like the Eibachs were an old Cadillac and now it's like riding on rails.

This system gets five stars from me and I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
486 Posts
i want some....
have you tracked/auto-x'd any before or since you've had them? any reviews from that?
Was it difficult to calibrate each side? How did you go about it, did you set the spring rate and ride height before installing them, or did you put them in and then adjust them more? how did u get both front and rear sides even?
do you know what spring rates you're running? or did you just measure it as "turns" (i.e. more turns will increase spring rate i believe)?

can you adjust the damper levels without jacking the car up?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want some....
have you tracked/auto-x'd any before or since you've had them? any reviews from that?
Was it difficult to calibrate each side? How did you go about it, did you set the spring rate and ride height before installing them, or did you put them in and then adjust them more? how did u get both front and rear sides even?
do you know what spring rates you're running? or did you just measure it as "turns" (i.e. more turns will increase spring rate i believe)?

can you adjust the damper levels without jacking the car up?
I haven't done any official track racing but I have taken some side canyon roads through the Malibu mountains... 5 billions times better than just the eibach springs.

Calibrating isn't that hard. They were matched up before installation but I also manually adjusted them afterwards. Just need to be on flat ground and have some measuring tape.

Matching front with rear is a little more difficult since the struts are different so I just adjusted to the point where I liked the look. I have the rear maybe a smidge higher to help prevent my exhaust from scraping.

I'm not 100% sure on the spring rates... Ark should have more info on those.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
So how much did you eventually get them for? Did ARK sponsor you with them?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how much did you eventually get them for? Did ARK sponsor you with them?
The price was very nice, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

Don't know if I'd consider it a sponsorship, but I'm not complaining. They are a great company and I really enjoy working with them so I hope to help them out some more in the future.

Looks like they might have some more products coming out down the line that need testing as well :3_winkthu

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
hey tosch~ i want a ride! my ksports are bouncy and i might consider a change in the future.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey tosch~ i want a ride! my ksports are bouncy and i might consider a change in the future.
bouncy? really? damn... Well these things are anything but bouncy, especially the way I've got them set right now... We'll have to come up with an excuse to meet up, doing any car work soon?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
bouncy? really? damn... Well these things are anything but bouncy, especially the way I've got them set right now... We'll have to come up with an excuse to meet up, doing any car work soon?
yea they're bouncy. the coils don't flex at all so i feel every bump or nick on the ground.

is there a way to change the setting to soften it up a little? ive never tried fiddling/playing with the coilovers.

as for car work, i'm in the process of a motor rebuild so all my money has been tied up. that and i just bought crower cams and an ecu from a member here so if you still need a set of cams let me know because after i do mine i'll have 2 extra pairs so you can keep onto one of them until you do yours. After all, i still owe you and i'll just end up selling them off anyway.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i guess by bouncy you mean stiff.

yeah ksports are very stiff but that's because theyre "racing" coilovers. you need a stiff suspension on the track.

you should be able to adjust that by softening your damping setting. by turning the thing fully clockwise (at least that's how it is on teins) to get the stiffest setting.. and then click back until whatever works for you. im sure there's a manual on how many is the softest.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i guess by bouncy you mean stiff.

yeah ksports are very stiff but that's because theyre "racing" coilovers. you need a stiff suspension on the track.

you should be able to adjust that by softening your damping setting. by turning the thing fully clockwise (at least that's how it is on teins) to get the stiffest setting.. and then click back until whatever works for you. im sure there's a manual on how many is the softest.
yes they're too stiff.

and im not really following too well on how to soften it out...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I love my quest coilovers. I just to find some damn pillow ball mounts because the camber bolts suck !!! talk to ark about making pillow mounts that are universal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts