Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting the ARK N2 dual exhaust for my i4 5spd tib but I want to get a turbo kit for it a little later on down the road.

Will this exhaust work with a turbo setup?

An exhaust designed for a turbo car will be ridiculously loud while I'm waiting to get the money for the turbo and an exhaust not designed for a turbo when the turbo is finally installed will be like blowing through a straw.

Anyone have experience with the ARK exhaust and a turbo?

·
Premium Member
3,168 Posts
Jds121 said:
I'm looking into getting the ARK N2 dual exhaust for my i4 5spd tib but I want to get a turbo kit for it a little later on down the road.

Will this exhaust work with a turbo setup?

An exhaust designed for a turbo car will be ridiculously loud while I'm waiting to get the money for the turbo and an exhaust not designed for a turbo when the turbo is finally installed will be like blowing through a straw.

Anyone have experience with the ARK exhaust and a turbo?
Yes it will, I have the N2 single and it is perfect. You really don't need much more than 2.5in until you're pushing 400whp.
Oh and no an exhaust for a turbo won't be ridiculously loud. I could hardly hear my N2 before I got boost, and it got even quieter after boost, the turbo acts as a natural muffler. Now with a high flow cat and no resonator it is slightly louder, though unles you're really on it you can't hear it.
As far as blowing thru a straw, well no. Small displacement 4 cylinder engines rarely need more than 2.5in, which most aftermarket exhausts are anyway. Alot of guys go with three inch and they see a few extra ponies over 2.5, but there aren't any manufacturers making 3in for the Tiburon and most shops will charge you an arm and a leg to get it, if they have a machine large enough to do it. Small displacement, small-medium turbo=no problem for 2.5inch exhaust.

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im saying that an exhaust designed for a turbo without one will sound ridiculously loud.

But if you say the N2 will work thats good enough for me. Especially if you're running one now.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i saw seoulfulracing make a 3 inch single tbe.. :)

·
Banned
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not going single I know that. Basically I was just wondering if the ARK N2 exhaust will become too quiet with a turbo. Or on the flipside, is there a Turbo designed exhaust that wont be too loud without a turbo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts