Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we ended up with an issue on the exhaust, it was a single instead of Dual! We are trying to see if we can get a deal worked out for a dual, but no word yet. So on to the question, has anyone installed this setup yet! I have read that the single shows 2 hp less than the dual, but I am figuring the sound will be different, aka louder (maybe too loud )! I know it is not going to look good with my Razzi rear not being able to modify like the factory for a single setup! Just more curious as to the thoughts on it! L8R

·
Registered
285 Posts
see ive heard single nets 2 MORE hp because there is less obstruction in the air flow. It wouldn't make sense for the dual to produce more hp...

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
6speedwonder said:
see ive heard single nets 2 MORE hp because there is less obstruction in the air flow. It wouldn't make sense for the dual to produce more hp...
Well I pulled the numbers right off of ARK's website, so it says the Dual is a 12+ HP gain and the single is a 10+ HP gain. The single will have more restristion in the top end because it is shoving everything out one pipe, where as the dual is shoving everything down one pipe halfway and then splits to two, therefore only half the restriction, so a less restriction overall! Well that is how I see it anyways! L8R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts