Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure where to post this but I know that if I post it up in ARK's forum then there's about a 75% chance that it won't get answered by ARK so, I need help. On step 3 of their instructions it says to remove the clip on the passenger side of the assembly CAREFULLY cause it's a reuseable part. Well I don't wanna break it so I'm coming here first and getting advice before I do break it cause I can't get the SOB off. Any suggestions? In their picture of course they are using a big flat head to get it out and yeah I tried that and it don't work. Also the pin that needs to be punched out, I can't get that out either. Will it slide out easier when the clip on the other part is off? Also what size punch do I need cause all my punches are too skinny and just slide through the middle of the stupid pin. This is turning into a nightmare like all my project for the flippin car. Nothing ever goes easy. Any help would be appreciated, please post here ASAP or PM me. I can even give local people my phone number and maybe the can even walk me through it over the phone lol. PLEASE HELP!!

Tim

·
Registered
208 Posts
are you talking about the white plastic piece that comes off??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the clip on the right side, it's got like teeth on the clip that bite down into the shaft it holds onto when you try and slide it off and mine is starting to bend and I don't want it to break.

·
Registered
208 Posts
if the teeth are rubber then there are 4 bolts i think 10mm that you have to remove in order for the piece with the teeth to come off

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Alright,
For the clip on the passenger side, you just have to take your time. I did my STS install last week, and that clip pissed me off. Use a small flat screw driver to get started. You'll have to do it one side at a time to keep it coming off evenly. Don't worry about the plastic behind it breaking... It won't, you may gouge it, but it won't break.

As for the pin, I didn't have a punch so I just used a small phillips and tapped it through. You just have to take your time and don't let it frustrate you too much.

PM me if you need anymore help.

·
Registered
208 Posts
damnit 05gt you beat me to it. what it said :3_withstu

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SUCCESS!!!!! Actually I finished the install about 20 minutes after the last post, but anyways everything is in and working great. Question for you though 05GT, how far down can the shifter go? I have quite a bit of thread left on the shaft, but where the bottom ball slips into the linkage, will it push that down too far making any problems with shifting if I put shifter all the way down?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
04shark04 said:
SUCCESS!!!!! Actually I finished the install about 20 minutes after the last post, but anyways everything is in and working great. Question for you though 05GT, how far down can the shifter go? I have quite a bit of thread left on the shaft, but where the bottom ball slips into the linkage, will it push that down too far making any problems with shifting if I put shifter all the way down?

I adjusted mine really short at first, but then I noticed that the shifter cables were rubbing against the lower mount. So I raised it up enough to give the cables the right clearance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts