Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Chase, and ima Hyundai (T.E.C.S. schooled) specific mechanic (Subaru in my free time)
if you have any questions about funny or weird qwerkes with your vehicle, please ask here, ill do my best to help, i have EVERY book, Data logger and reciever and every OEM specific tool at my disposal, im sure we can come to a confident conclusion to any question.
Save time, money and stress, ill post back when i can but if a dont give ma few days, im researching.
Well let the questions begin....:3_lurk:
Chase
Later

·
Sam:Moderator of the Dead
2,669 Posts
Re: Ask a Hyundai Technicain!

I have a question. I have an 04 V6, Automatic. My transmission feels like its surging. Its not violenty shaking the car, but I can feel it in the steering wheel, and drivetrain. It is when I am accelerating moderately and heavily, not when accelerating slowly. It is hard to explain, and about 3-4 months ago, the Hyundai dealer put there HI-SCAN on my computer and it didn't say anything was wrong with the Trans. It is boggling me as to what it could be. I feel like my car is slower and less responsive than other tibs I have driven that were also V6, and automatics. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
138 Posts

Hi, my steering wheel has vibrations at 60 mph but not below... do u think that all i need is an allignment and balancing or what would u recomend? Im on stock 17s 04 GT

·
Banned
3,233 Posts

I have a few for you.. well 4....

1. why is it when i go to start my car when its cold and if i go to start it right away without letting a few of the chimes past it wont turn over right away?

2. why do some brands of HID's make the gauges go dead on the tiburon for a second when you turn the HID's on, even if you are using a relay pack?

3. why is it when you come to a brief stop, NOT a FULL STOP with the tiburon V6 and then hit the gas the car doesnt down shift right away and it kinda hesitates when you hit the gas to go.

4. why is my damn interior drivers side handle so squeaky when i open the door.. when i put WD-40 on the inside parts the noise went away and came back 20 mins later.

thanks,
Rob. :)

·
Registered
733 Posts

My name is Chase, and ima Hyundai (T.E.C.S. schooled) specific mechanic (Subaru in my free time)
if you have any questions about funny or weird qwerkes with your vehicle, please ask here, ill do my best to help, i have EVERY book, Data logger and reciever and every OEM specific tool at my disposal, im sure we can come to a confident conclusion to any question.
Save time, money and stress, ill post back when i can but if a dont give ma few days, im researching.
Well let the questions begin....:3_lurk:
Chase
Later
Lol, no more free time to work on subarus after that post. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
487 Posts

Ok, this is a dumbass question. I installed cupholder LED's. I touched a wire I shouldn't have and blew a fuse. I had no insturment lights. You would assume the fuse that blew would be the one marked cluster. WRONG> It was the r/tail light fuse. Now, splain to me what the hell that fuse has to do with the dash lights please. Makes no sense to me man.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Hi, my steering wheel has vibrations at 60 mph but not below... do u think that all i need is an allignment and balancing or what would u recomend? Im on stock 17s 04 GT
My car was hawing same problem. All I done was 10minute tire balance! No more vibration !:3_winkthu

·
Registered
288 Posts

3. why is it when you come to a brief stop, NOT a FULL STOP with the tiburon V6 and then hit the gas the car doesnt down shift right away and it kinda hesitates when you hit the gas to go.

thanks,
Are you AUTO?
I'M Auto and my does same thing:3_frown:
But i also notice that other car does same as well. My guess is gear timimg in auto plus "TCM"programing from a factory.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have a question. I have an 04 V6, Automatic. My transmission feels like its surging. Its not violenty shaking the car, but I can feel it in the steering wheel, and drivetrain. It is when I am accelerating moderately and heavily, not when accelerating slowly. It is hard to explain, and about 3-4 months ago, the Hyundai dealer put there HI-SCAN on my computer and it didn't say anything was wrong with the Trans. It is boggling me as to what it could be. I feel like my car is slower and less responsive than other tibs I have driven that were also V6, and automatics. Any thoughts?
does it happen with the A/C on or off??
Chase

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

make sure your rims arent bent, you atill have good tread left on the tires and if the rims are okay,i suggest a balance first, THEN a allignment.
least amount of money first then work up to the more excpensive...
Chase

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

1. why is it when i go to start my car when its cold and if i go to start it right away without letting a few of the chimes past it wont turn over right away?

2. why do some brands of HID's make the gauges go dead on the tiburon for a second when you turn the HID's on, even if you are using a relay pack?

4. why is my damn interior drivers side handle so squeaky when i open the door.. when i put WD-40 on the inside parts the noise went away and came back 20 mins later.

thanks,
1. im not really sure without inspecting it, but possibly engine milage and as you stated being in the cold it may take a little longer to crank over, this is normal.
2.the alternator does not have the ability to run all the voltage that the hids AND the rest of the electrical components at the same time, thats why they (HIDS) flifker brighter at startup and then even out AFTER the load is evenly distrributed...
3.not sure, you need somone to inspect and assess.
4.remove interior panal and inspect, remidie as needed, it takes some effort but i assure you thatsomthing is rubbing and will be an easy fix.
Chase

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I've got one for you chase

Why does my speedo die and revert to 0 when im driving down the road?

And its done this pre-boost mind you.
check the Speed sensor (mounted on the transmission behind the T.B) possibly during installation of your Turbo, the wire clip might not be connected fully, maybe wires melted OR internal defect,
mind you since you DONT have an auto IT WONT be a imput or output speed sensor (only for automatics) the sensor is a plastic gear that looks like a upside down christmas tree, its white plastic....
Chase
Ask a tech in your area to inspect on the side.
this is the only reason why its doing this (if it is as you stated "somtimes"

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

my car bucks a bit and stutters when i'm in 4th. I have a 6 speed 03 tib. What would cause that problem?
with A/C on or off.
Chase

·
Registered
545 Posts

i should have specified, its an auto.

thats what i figured as well but I have no idea how to inspect these and was trying to avoid another dealership visit.... last time they told me it was due to my *burnt* tranny fluid.... never fixed a thing.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

well pull out the pidstick for the tranny, look at the fluid level and color, also smell it, does it look brown/black, does it smell burnt, is it low, if its not red, (not pink not rown deep red colour) then it needs a flush, have you ever done one, i suggest you do one if its needed, ALWAYS use OEM auto fluid, itll mess it up if you dont....
Chase

·
Registered
938 Posts

Ok, so sometimes when I start to pull of, the car hesitates (like its misfireing) but then slams into gear and goes. It almost feels like a neutral drop in an auto, besides the fact that its a 6sp SE. It mostely does it in 1st or maybe 2nd when im starting to drive or downshifted to go thru a turn then accelerate thru the turn. Any suggestions? I have a b&m short shifter and shifter bushings but I dont think that would do it.EDIT: I have 18,000 miles on it and its mostely highway with atlittle bit of stop and go and a very little bit of racing

·
Banned
170 Posts

thanks,
white lithium grease, not wd-40. wd-40 is a light petrolium base therefore will evaporate fairly quickly. any kindof grease will do but white lithium wont smell and is fairly easy to work with. just a small dab and smere should do the trick.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.