Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to know if you can run an assassin on a v6 auto. also is the kit completely bolt on? what other things would i need to run the car safely? i would like my car to hit 300whp with an auto, is that possible? sorry i didnt search no time right now. thanks

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
rdp2401 said:
i wanted to know if you can run an assassin on a v6 auto. also is the kit completely bolt on? what other things would i need to run the car safely? i would like my car to hit 300whp with an auto, is that possible? sorry i didnt search no time right now. thanks
LOL, that was the very first question I asked when I was a newbie too! *high five*. Yes, you can run an Assassin with an auto. But thats the only question I can answer for you...check out the NGM forum in the sponsors section for answers to your other questions.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
look at their website...thy have videos of awesome assassinized tibs....lol

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
seedweed23 said:
look at their website...thy have videos of awesome assassinized tibs....lol
Is their website fixed now?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Oh yea, I forgot to mention...the very first car to have an Assassin S/C was an auto (tibby03).

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i dunno....but you could always watch the videos without a problem......

some of the links never work...but the videos are always working... :3_smile:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
seedweed23 said:
i dunno....but you could always watch the videos without a problem......

some of the links never work...but the videos are always working... :3_smile:
True............

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Yes the assassin works great with an auto i have one on my tib, 300whp is made very easy with the assassin but wouldn't recommend it with stock internals for too long. If you would like more info on this subject please call tim conni from nextgeneration motorsports here is his number 954-270-3840 good luck. :3_bier:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
tibby03 said:
Yes the assassin works great with an auto i have one on my tib, 300whp is made very easy with the assassin but wouldn't recommend it with stock internals for too long. If you would like more info on this subject please call tim conni from nextgeneration motorsports here is his number 954-270-3840 good luck. :3_bier:
Well there you go, straight from the man himself...

·
Registered
907 Posts
What needs to be upgraded to run 300whp. just piston heads?

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
Probably consider a shortblock, but the tranny should be fine.

Besides tibby03, one of the guys here minesbetter had auto with the alpine mp62 setup at 13psi. One of the last dynos i heard from him was that he made 280whp, but like 280wtq at 2500rpm. So yeah the auto with the assassin should be fine, if you want to consider a built tranny ask tibby03 (since he has one) or tc from nextgen.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've heard from most people that the Tranny will be the main PROBLEM...is that true or...it depends on the tune??? Everyone seems to be forcing me to change to a manual since i've ordered the ASSASSIN.....GEEZ

·
Banned
2,031 Posts
red_tib said:
I've heard from most people that the Tranny will be the main PROBLEM...is that true or...it depends on the tune??? Everyone seems to be forcing me to change to a manual since i've ordered the ASSASSIN.....GEEZ
This is from tibby03 in another thread.
tibby03 said:
Just call T.C at nextgen he can tell you every thing you need to know and prices but i will tell you one thing all you need is to upgrade the valve body and turn up the line pressure hyundai makes a strong tranny from the factory its only downfall is its weak valvebody, a torque converter upgrade is not nessesary but can help if you are running at the track.
I dont suppose anyone knows the price TC charges to get this done?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
rdp2401 said:
i wanted to know if you can run an assassin on a v6 auto. Yes the auto is an awesome trans. also is the kit completely bolt on? Yes the kit is completely bolt on.what other things would i need to run the car safely? You will need a oil catch can. i would like my car to hit 300whp with an auto, is that possible? Yes 300whp is possible but I would do a short block before I tried to get that much whp out of it. sorry i didnt search no time right now. thanks
There is a sale going on now in the Next Generation Motorsports thread. Also you can click the link in my sig for a 12.82 pass with my car at 285whp. If you have questions call T.C. at NGM. Good luck with your project.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts