Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just finished installing my assassin kit and when I went to start my car the starter just did one click then stops and nothing happens it doesn't turn over or click more then once. My car has been sitting for about 2 months without running. I was thinking that the starter was stuck but, is there anything else it could be. Thanks for any help -Tyler

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Hello,

You need to hook up the ground from the firewall to the back of the cylinder head.

Thanks T.C.

·
Banned
642 Posts
make sure your battery is good, check all your grounds. The one behind the supercharger i took out. I don't like the fit and it is a ****** ground. I took a wire from my battery to my transmission, where the slave cylinder pump is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I re-did all my grounds with new aftermarket ones and the car started thanks everyone. T.C. when it started it smoked alot from the tail pipes and smelled very rich. I was expecting the richness but, is the smoke common? It was bellowing and filled my garage after about 5 min tops.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well your car sitting that long isnt good. But I'm just welling to bet it's just from sitting for a that long. When I was deployed for a year in Iraq my parents had my car sitting in the garage. They drove it on the weekends but my friend that worked for the dealership was the mechanic is the mechanic that works on it. He said that it's not good for it to sit for a more than a few days.

When it sits and you start it again it's going to sound like it's missing, clicking is going to be the pressure building back up in the lifters, and yes mine smoked when it sat for just a week but not for long and it had only sat for a week.

Thats what I've been told and not sure if it's all being repeated properly but wanted to give you some advice that I know.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
red_tib said:
WOW, scary,, is that a common problem with the Assassin? or is it just a simple thing that can be cleaned up/??
Deffinitely not a common problem. The most common problem with the assassin is the botched instals that people do. When installed correctly (which is quite simple) It will start on the first try!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
DurdenGTV6 said:
Ok I re-did all my grounds with new aftermarket ones and the car started thanks everyone. T.C. when it started it smoked alot from the tail pipes and smelled very rich. I was expecting the richness but, is the smoke common? It was bellowing and filled my garage after about 5 min tops.
What color was the smoke?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
DurdenGTV6 said:
Hello,

Did you calibrate the injectors with the Mafterburner?

Thanks T.C.

·
Banned
642 Posts
You are going to get smoke, you dont have it tuned. so you are going to be running rich. It goes away and its not a problem. dont think to much into it. Just have fun with it :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts