Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried or seen an Aston Martin grille on an 06 Tiburon? I've been considering the thought, but pretty sure it wouldn't look right. Here's a picture of the grille I was thinking of. Since the grille area on the 06 Tib is much smaller than the Aston Martin Vanquish grille size, it would have to be scaled down so to speak. Smaller grille if you know what I mean. Here's a picture of the Aston Martin Vanquish grille. Any thoughts? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit right, but was just curious. I may make a mock up in photoshop to get a better feel for what it would look like.

http://www.pidocchio.net/turboland/motorshow2004/Aston Martin Vanquish S 03.jpg

·
Retired Staff
8,899 Posts
Well the idea itself has sorta been attempted because there is a new bodykit that has a very Aston Marton looking front bumper to it that a lot of people are/were interested in and I'm not sure if Mike (Italiatib2K3) ever found out any more info on it. The idea of just taking the grille from an actual Aston Martin (which I'm sure would be pretty expensive) and having a bodyshop make it fit would cost a pretty penny. IMO, it's not worth the trouble. But as they all say, anything is possible if you've got enough money and really want to do it, there is however the inevitable question of should you?

Here is a link to the thread I started about the bodykit and all the info it contains:
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89272
AS you can see the front bumper is really nice but the rest is pretty brutal.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
you answered your own question,

that doesnt look like it would be even close to fitting

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
1, that front bumper in the bodykit you showed me is gorgeous. And yeah it's about the only good thing about that bodykit, but that is the exact look I was thinking. 2... to 2nd guy who replied, i wasn't saying that I wanted to actually transfer the grille from an aston martin, I was wondering if there was a similiar one for the tiburon or how to go about making one. I definitely wouldn't pay the money to transfer one.
3.. i wanted to try to just put grilles in the stock bumper. Hadn't really given thought to actually buying a new bumper.

·
Retired Staff
8,899 Posts
Well there isn't one for the Tib right now. Unless you get that front bumper from the bodykit I don't see it working that well. Just putting a new grille on the stock bumper, like the billet grille, wouldn't yield quite the results you want. GET in touch with Mike and see if he's heard anything more on that kit/bumper and see what it would cost for just the front bumper.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well there isn't one for the Tib right now. Unless you get that front bumper from the bodykit I don't see it working that well. Just putting a new grille on the stock bumper, like the billet grille, wouldn't yield quite the results you want. GET in touch with Mike and see if he's heard anything more on that kit/bumper and see what it would cost for just the front bumper.
Yeah I think i might do that. How would it look with just a new bumper though? Most cars that just replace the bumper look so out of place. Wouldn't i have to get side skirts of some sort? Or are there front bumpers that don't necessarily look out of place with the rest of the stock body? I just don't want some big *** front bumper being much lower than the rest of the body if you know what I mean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.