Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IN MY CAR!!!!, I have a leak and I can't friggen find it. I end up with a pretty good sized amount of water in my hatch. I don't understand where it could be coming from... I have my trunk almost compleatly dynamated. Anyone else have this problem? I through some Teflon tape on the sub bolts like someone suggested on another thread and it's going to rain today. I hope it stops because it just plain sux :3_frown:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
michaud_time said:
IN MY CAR!!!!, I have a leak and I can't friggen find it. I end up with a pretty good sized amount of water in my hatch. I don't understand where it could be coming from... I have my trunk almost compleatly dynamated. Anyone else have this problem? I through some Teflon tape on the sub bolts like someone suggested on another thread and it's going to rain today. I hope it stops because it just plain sux :3_frown:
Search... I think they just had a discussion... Fixer posted a solution I believe

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I have searched and my problem is not coming from the wiper because the water pools under the boards that go over the spare tire. I'm going to try the paper thing to see where the water line is coming from, a few nights ago I went out with the hose and sprayed my car and poped the trunk but coudn't find a thing.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
you're going to have to systematically test it. Much like finding a leak in a roof. Start on the lower part of the hatch and only one side. Run a lot of water over it, but try to make it like its rain, so sprayer nozzle straight down. Shut it off and check. Move from side to side of the car and slowly up the hatch until you find something. And let the water flow for a good few minutes to allow the water to seap through however its coming in. Also look around the glass, you might have a leak with the seal on the glass.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well It's down poaring now so I crawled back there and I think it's coming from some where behind the right side tail light

1 - 7 of 7 Posts