Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Re: DIY: Audi-Style FL/2 Headlights

Im havin trouble doin this, i bought a kit at autozone the same one as urs i believe but everytime I try splicing the wires or wraping them, it doesnt work. I made sure I had the wires on the right ones. What did u do to make urs work?? thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts

went with the flat led type strip instead of the side led strip

·
Registered
98 Posts

quick question tricker..how long were the LEDs that you got..i plan on doing this very soon (within the next few days XD )

·
Registered
98 Posts

hey trick i ran into a problem setting up the lights..first the lights i got (from auto zone) said they were 24 inches but they were really 12 a piece..second problem i faced was when taping them to the lights i had a hard time judging exactly where you put them on your headlight underneath(like how close they were to the lip) and the third was the lights did not shine the same since the lights shined down and not out, FAIL..could you help me out with which ones you bought because i swear you have the same ones i bought. thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

i know they we're short. It sucks. Autozone Blows....Oznium.com has better ones.

Second, i put then about 1/8th of an inch away from the edge.

Third, did you boost the Headlight up with the Washer?

·
Registered
98 Posts

i know they we're short. It sucks. Autozone Blows....Oznium.com has better ones.

Second, i put then about 1/8th of an inch away from the edge.

Third, did you boost the Headlight up with the Washer?
i didnt mind the length cause i figured 2 feet was too long but i went onto oznium and there was a couple bad reviews. i didnt get to putting them onto the car because when i taped it to the headlight before i even spliced it to the drl's..but when i was testing on where to place the lights i noticed that you cant really notice the lights cause theyre aiming to the ground and not out towards you, were the LEDs like that for you or did you get a different brand/ type led strips..i thought maybe you angled the LEDs so they would shine out

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

they are simple Side-Emiting LED strips. Nothing more...you must've bought the wrong ones

·
Registered
98 Posts

yeah i bought the wrong ones then..i coulda swore i got the right ones lol oh well they were only 20 bucks..i might just go ahead and buy the waterproof ones off oznium thanks for helping me out trick!

·
Registered
1 Posts

ok, so this was a great tutorial minus 2 things for my car.

I had 10mm bolts/ not 8mm

And the positive/negative wires were opposite the way your trick was supposed to figure it out. Other than that great job and i will put a pic up when im done in about 20 mins. Reversing the last wires now.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts