Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am probobly going to buy this used NOS kit from a friend.. I just have to buy the right jets I think I am going to go with a 75 shot its also a wet kit just fyi... I am all stock at the moment but when I get taxes as long as I get enough I want to buy a intake, and the ssa engine back and try to fit in one of the electronic exhaust cutouts... I am wondering if there is anyone auto or manual with this setup or even with a 50 shot, how is it running, anyone know times or estimations of times a auto with this setup would run? Also whats going to be necessary to hold this down do I need to upgrade my fuel system or anything else? Funds permitting, I would also like to pick up ngms tuner... Let me know any info I am very intrested how my car is going to perform but want to make sure its all safe... Again I will run over what > I < plan to run....

2003 Auto V6
SRI, SSA Engine Back, Electronic Exhaust Cutout... Tuner? Will I need injectors? Fuel pump? Let me know any good info, thanks in advance..

96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump... come on guys yeah you probobly just want to say, use the search button, but thats not the help I am looking for its not that hard to type come on someone give me some replys.. You know you guys are gonna want videos I promise to make them if I get some replys.....

·
Registered
486 Posts
hey man,
I'm going to install my nitrous system soon, and currently i just have an injen sri and a ssa exhaust. I plan to have the following set-up:
Injen SRI, SSA headers+exhaust, pulleys, wet 75 shot, SAFCII fuel tuner.

You won't need to upgrade fueling with a 75 WET shot (which injects nitrous and fuel). You WILL need to tune though(fuel tuner) if you want to run the nitrous safely. I don't know what a "electronic exhaust cut-out" is, maybe you're talking about a wideband connection with an extra o2 sensor? I don't know, but you don't need it.

Right now after I install the nitrous, i'm getting an safcII fuel tuner to tune the A/F curve, and I'll have a shop dynotune it all with the nitrous to see what numbers i get. Later I will install the headers (basically i'll be running intake, cat-back exhaust, nitrous, fuel tuner, and pulleys). The lightweight pulleys add some power, and make the engine spin more "freely" (less rotating mass, etc.)
I would also suggest other little things such as motor mounts, and eventually a set of colder plugs (ZEX sells a set for $30 specifically for engines running on nitrous- www.zex.com). I would not suggest you run the nitrous with bolt-ons without a tune. The reason why i'm choosing the SAFCII fuel tuner instead of NGM's Mafterburner is because most shops know how to tune an SAFCII and have plenty of experience installing it and tuning it, whereas the Mafterburner is not very well known, and requires a specific software to tune.

And numbers wise, considering you can get around 168 or so with Intake, exhaust, pulleys, tune, and around 178-185 with intake, headers, exhaust, pulleys, and tune- a 75 shot (with 180 hp without nitrous) should give about 250 at peak. With an auto you'll probably get higher torque numbers (260, 270) and lower hp numbers (220-230). Don't know exactly why, but I know some guy on here is auto on spray, and dyno'd at 290 wtq. and 205 whp (i think it has somethign to do with the gearing).

·
Banned
240 Posts
I ran a zex wet kit w/75 shot jet and a CAI and exhaust on an auto. no headers for about 4 months with no problems except constant refilling. the zex kit used extra fuel in it's setup to help prevent problems.

96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks a lot for the detailed reply brasil, keep me updated how your project goes... I am getting the exhaust cutout cause I plan to get a s/c eventually the nitrous is just to keep me happy till then, and I think I am saying what it is correct, you hit a button or switch or whatever in the car to open a opening that makes you run open headers... I dont know if it would have advantages using nitrous, shrkbyte was supposed to try it I think but I dont know if he did....

·
Registered
486 Posts
never seen anything like the exhaust cut-out you're talking about on a tib.... i know what you're talking about, but it would be interesting to see how it would affect performance for the tib.
See, i was thinking about going s/c'd eventually as well, but I'm really into auto crossing, and being supercharged would put me up against a very difficult class (m3's, etc.). But of course I'm still thinking about it :3_chubby: ...
tonight i put in some grounding wires, and it did make the lights a little brighter, and start-up is a fraction of a second quicker... plus it looks nice (i bought a grounding kit off of e-bay, and just used the wires).
tomorrow i'm putting on the espelirs... and next weekend i'm installing the ZEX kit. Then i'll have to keep slapping myself when i reach for the switch... until i get a fuel tune. then it'll be n20 all the way :3_winkthu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts