Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you want one that comes with installation at a reputable shop, look to spend around 200 for a basic one and 250 for one with keyless entry plus any additional options you want to add on,

·
Registered
609 Posts
Not meaning to hijack the thread here, but I use to hear that you can't get a remote starter for a manual transmission. Is this true or was I being BS'd.
That being said, does this look like a good set up/deal?
Anyone else gone with the Commando brands? Other suggestions perhaps?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
you will not find a person who will do installation of a remote start on a manual transmission.. at least anyone reputable. it's against the law for a business to do so last i heard.

you can do a remote start yourself though.

edit: well it's not illegal.. sorry for the misinformation on there.. but no reputable companies will do it. liabilities and what not.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not sure if it's illegal (not sure about the laws), but def way too risky for a company to put one on. There are too many risks and hazards associated with putting a R/S on a manual. There are companies that do make interface modules. Usually you'll have to do some sort of combination when you park your car so the r/s knows it's parked and left in neutral.

And congratulations on the good price, I was giving a general idea of what would be the average. It also depends on the quality of work and what (if any) benefits they offer. Do they solder all connections or use T-taps; do they offer a lifetime warranty on their work? Is the shop reputable or are they known for screwing people over? Just things you gotta think about when going places. If they are good on all three things then again, good find and good price.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
There are some reputable people that will do it, but you have to sign a waiver, hich is a good idea knowing there are retards who park their car in gear.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.