Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Dude keep the auto. trust me it is a very buff tranny. Just get a S/C and pump up the boost and trust me you will be plenty fast. AutoX on the other hand works better in my onpion with a manual. But the fastest Tib in Korea I'm pretty sure is an auto. They converted it to an auto from a 5 speed.

I have a 6 speed but a buddy has an auto and it seems to like abuse.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
hey man, you might really want to use the search feature next time... you will get a serious flaming for this..
this has been covered 5432534626345234414 times, so I am sure you can find something that will help you..

but anyways- the answer is no, you might be able to, with more money then the pope, but otherwise you are pretty much stuck with the auto (when I say stuck, thats not a bad thing, so far the fastest tibby is an auto) unless of course you trade in, then you will loose a little on the trade.

and if you do manage to do the swap, MANY people will think less of you because of soo much time and effort (not to mention money) wasted..

/thread..

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did look into this at one point bro but the thing is your going to need a LOT of parts and unless you have a parts car with everything then it wont be cheap. and it will also be a LOT of work.

trust me and keep the auto tranny. it is far more robust than the manuals and you'd honestly have to try hard to kill it short of nuetral drops. The fastest tiburon on the boards belongs to APE and it is ALMOST a stock auto tranny and it runs faster and holds more HP than you will ever run to your car.

keep the auto =)

·
Registered
498 Posts
are you talking about the twin engine twin turbo 98 tibby? i saw that thing its SICK it was for sale on ebay for awhile for around 20g's but that was like 6 months or so ago
reading comprehension>you :3_headsha

He's askin if it's worth to convert an auto tranny, specifically his, to a manual type tranny.:3_usehead

Just KEEP the auto and you wont have to worry about changing out your clutch. It's not worth the extra few ponies in the drivetrain loss, especially if you go F/I.

·
Registered
911 Posts
the price to go from auto to manual is very expensive..... first you need the tranny, clutch, cables, pedals, diff sensors, etc. etc. Estimated, it would cost around $1.5-$2.5grandish for just the parts..... then there is installation!! if you plan on doing it yourself, you can save a lot of dough, but if not, then usually around 3x what the cost of parts is what labor comes out to be.... I would just keep the manual. A lot of tibs here are s/c'ed and have auto trannies and they run FAST!! You don't HAVE to have a manual tranny to go fast..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.