Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,

i was going to replace my tranny fluid today along with my oil,

but when i was looking for the drain plug for the tranny (1st time doing it myself), the only thing i could find that looked like a drain plug was a huge bolt that is facing straight down, not angled like the oil drain plug.

But the problem was, i didnt have any socket large enough to fit it, the largest i had was 18mm, and i even tried a 22mm wrench i had which didnt even fit,

so my question is, what's the size of that bolt?

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
common, somebody has to have changed their tranny fluid before..

· Banned
1,800 Posts
I don't have the answer but craining the trans pan only get out about 30% of the trans fluid. You should really go to a trans shop or a good dealership that can fully flush your trans. Basically they disconnect the trans cooler lines and hook it up to a machine that pumps out 100% of the trans fluid and refills it while the car is running and in gear.

That is the only way to get it all out without taking the trans apart.

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the answer but craining the trans pan only get out about 30% of the trans fluid. You should really go to a trans shop or a good dealership that can fully flush your trans. Basically they disconnect the trans cooler lines and hook it up to a machine that pumps out 100% of the trans fluid and refills it while the car is running and in gear.

That is the only way to get it all out without taking the trans apart.
yea i know about that and will probably have that done soon, but i already bought 5 bottles of tranny fluid and figured i'd do this for the time being,

better than doing nothing

· Banned
1,800 Posts
I haven't done a change in the Tib yet but on my other cars I've always had to drop the whole pan. Then you can clean the pan and change the filter (if equipped).

· Registered
1,588 Posts
I haven't done a change in the Tib yet but on my other cars I've always had to drop the whole pan. Then you can clean the pan and change the filter (if equipped).
Techincally there is a trans filter, but its more of a mesh screen, and the trans would have to be torn apart to change it.

So really there is no filter to change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.