Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I went through 9 pages of searches and only found one post about this. From what I read the auto's transmission filter is inside the transmission case? It also doesn't need to be changed? Is this correct? I went by autozone and bought a filter looked at it and the guy said you have it easy this is external, it looks just like the oil filter so I was like, "hell yeah my day just got easier". I get to looking and can't find the damn thing. Is the post I read before true?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Okay I went through 9 pages of searches and only found one post about this. From what I read the auto's transmission filter is inside the transmission case? It also doesn't need to be changed? Is this correct? I went by autozone and bought a filter looked at it and the guy said you have it easy this is external, it looks just like the oil filter so I was like, "hell yeah my day just got easier". I get to looking and can't find the damn thing. Is the post I read before true?
The auto (at least for the V6) has no filter. at all. none. That's why regular fluid change is required.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The auto (at least for the V6) has no filter. at all. none. That's why regular fluid change is required.
You sir just won + rep :3_loveit:

·
Registered
579 Posts
wrong! its an internal filter you would have to drop the pan and tear it apart to change it...

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
wrong! its an internal filter you would have to drop the pan and tear it apart to change it...
How does one "drop the pan" when it's on the front of the tranny and not on the bottom. Do you mean, "remove the pan"?

·
Registered
579 Posts
either way...its internal and there is no servicing it unless you are doing an over haul....its not even really a filter more like a screen

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Ya its in there just no need to change it. Just fluid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts