Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience in these? I decided to try to make my autotragic look somewhat of a manual.

I bought a momo shift boot a few months back, and never got around to finishing the job, I want to get it done so the boot stop collecting dust, and was wondering if anyone knew of any nice looking automatic shift knobs that I could easily replace the tiburon's with?

(I would even just use the tiburons, since I was lazy, and just really wanted the shift boot on, but the stock auto knob wont fit with the shift boot I bought, If I remember correctly I need a taller and/or skinnier shift knob.

I want something that looks nice, and as realistic to a manual as I can get! I'd prefer white, but anything cool (carbon, etc..) would be fine.

I was at the momo site and saw :
http://www.momousa.com/products/products/shift-knobs-shift-boots/shift-knobs/automatico.html

Basically the only one I found, I really like the look of:
http://www.momousa.com/products/products/shift-knobs-shift-boots/shift-knobs/cobra.html

but im pretty sure its not for an automatic, (As I do need the spring button so I can switch gears still)

anyone have any opinions/input?

If all else fails, and I get the "Automatico" out of last hope, it will fit my tiburon/shift boot, right?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have one they work pretty good and looks better than stock

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
The momo one looks okay. I drive an auto, you drive an auto. Please don't try to make your auto look like a manuel. Some people are going to say it is rice. I've seen some autos with it done and it doesn't look bad. But then again why try to hide the fact that it is an auto. If you really want a manuel you should of bought one, or do a manuel swap. The auto transmission are pretty tough personally I have no regrets in getting an auto over a manuel. At least I don't have to worry about clutches, flywheels, ect.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eh, I didnt have a choice, and its not that I regret buying an automatic, I just like the way it would look more.

Unlike 90% of the people here, I dont give a flying eff on what OTHER people think of my car, ricer or not, stock or not, gay, cool, what ever.. If its MY car, and I have to drive with it, im going to do what I want to do to it, no?

Thanks though bud;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts