Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any tips to improve acceleration in shifttronic autos? I always feel a lag when I punch it or when i shift from 2 to 3. Its bugging the hell outta me. My friend has a manual and he is always able to peel out but I'm always having to wait to get to high rpms before I really begin to pull.

Any help??

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
put your car in shiftronic, when your trying to race you will want to shift before redline, a good amount before redline too because your power with your mods is gonna drop off after like 5k, so shift on your own just before 6k rpm and that should put you in the best part of your powerband. dont shift too late or you will go up 2 gears and you dont want that

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
put your car in shiftronic, when your trying to race you will want to shift before redline, a good amount before redline too because your power with your mods is gonna drop off after like 5k, so shift on your own just before 6k rpm and that should put you in the best part of your powerband. dont shift too late or you will go up 2 gears and you dont want that

Yeah, I usually wait till about 5k rpm to shift. Ill keep that in mind. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
I think they run about 800 then they gotta be installed which is gonna run about the same, and they dont even solve the problem your describing, for that you would need a custom valve body job which again is really really not worth it with your current mod level, your much much faster getting headers and a supercharger and it would cost about the same as properly reworking your tranny

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
pretty much the same thing like the o.p.

autozone intake (spectre filter) & apex N1 dual exhausts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
you would both be fine putting it in drive and power braking it, i wouldnt leave it in shiftronic because it will rev too high for your mods and you will loose a little power, if you want to shift it then leave it in shiftronic and shift before it hits 6k

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
This is all you need:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
lol yeah ive seen that before... i hope i dont break my box too
just dont launch it too hard and you shouldn't break the box. overrevving will cause that tape holding your pedals on to peel off.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
when your power breaking it in an auto tib, it wont let you rev it higher then like 3200rpm.. thats more then enough to make the tires spin with an I/E v6.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts