Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - I'm getting my Tib back today ... total sweetness ... my problem was that apparantly I had a huge chunk taken out of my flywheel ... which in turn ended up beating up everything else down there ... but I got a new clutch, flywheel, master cylinder and slave cylinder (are those spelled correctly? lol) and got them all installed for a grand total of ... $0.00.

Total awesomeness ... I'll be picking her up later tonight ... now - can someone explain to me the whole "break-in" period that I'm guessing I need to do ... what do I need to do and/or not do ...

Thanks y'all ...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how did ur flywheel brake? hope everything is back to normal with the car
Well - I'm not entirely sure, but I'd guess that the 102,000 miles that are on it might have something to do with it ... lol.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Ok, I'll add something to both lists:

To Do: Easy on the accelleration

Not To Do: Select gear, rev engine, drop clutch

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL - thanks Kris :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
F that - here's to an NGM built block and Stealth kit :3_winkthu

We'll see though ... lol.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Im workin on my milage to come to that point. The clutch that I have now has got to go sometime soon casue, its been the same one for the last 50,000 miles

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Well - I'm getting my Tib back today ... total sweetness ... my problem was that apparantly I had a huge chunk taken out of my flywheel ... which in turn ended up beating up everything else down there ... but I got a new clutch, flywheel, master cylinder and slave cylinder (are those spelled correctly? lol) and got them all installed for a grand total of ... $0.00.

Total awesomeness ... I'll be picking her up later tonight ... now - can someone explain to me the whole "break-in" period that I'm guessing I need to do ... what do I need to do and/or not do ...

Thanks y'all ...
let me drive it around... youre definitley gonna break something, LOL. just kidding pal. i hope its hella better than it was...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts