Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the front suspension on my 05 tiburon manual. And in the process of changing the bearing and tir rod and all that. My axle on my passenger side (which btw is the only part of the front suspension that i didnt replace) slid out just an inch or 2. So i pushed it back in and went along with my work. Well i got everything put back together and was about to drop the car down on the tires when i decided to rotate them around to just make sure everything was spinning and looked and felt good. When i hear a small clicking sound under the car.

I climbed underneath and saw a small puddle of what appeared to be clearish fluid. As i checked what was going on. I noticed a gap of about inch n hlf to 2 inches where the end of my axle was not all the way flush against the case. Im not sure how thats possible since the big nut in the middle of my tire and the rest of my suspension would have to be pushing and holding my axle in there. Or thats what i thought.

Any help would be awesome. And i am really in no place to put anymore money into the car right now so hopefully my situation is salvageable.

The first pic is my driver side to compare to the passenger side
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Fluid Liquid

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Tread

Automotive tire Drinkware Black-and-white Style Rim

· Registered
879 Posts
There's a C clip in the end of the axle that's suppose to hold it in the transmission. If it were me, I'd pull the axle out and inspect to make sure no damage was done from driving it with the axle half out.

You'll also need to top off your tranny fluid, you likely lost a fair amount.

· Administrator
9,550 Posts
Yes, there is a spring circle clip on the axle that retains it into the trans. Takes a fair shove on the end next to the trans to snap it in. If you push anywhere else on the axle to reinsert it, most force is lost in the joint inside the boot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts