Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I just installed my B&M STS. It is awsome. Shifts like a race car. I love it. The only issue I had was the ball joint that connects onthe back side of the shifter (the little ball joint that sticks out) stuck up to far and was hitting the cover for the shifter. I since fixed that after driving it for a few min.

Now my ? is, will I feel a great difference with the KJB shifter bushings even thought I have the B&M short shifter? I ordered them last night and they are in the mail now.

·
Registered
486 Posts
lol, i'm in the same exact situation as you... tho i don't remember having the same thing that u had w/ the B&M.
I'm also wondering how much more precise/not clumsy the shift feel can get...

any opinions?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like my b&M and i have to say i agree with what you say, i dont think my shifting could get more precise. I already have trouble shifting into gear... Think my syncros are going out again a27nd i just had the tranny replaced at 27k ~2k after i got it and now im at 40300

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
I had the B&M on my car for aout a year until I put on the Kartboy shifter bushings. It makes a huge difference. For only $30 who cares anywyas.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I got the B&M shiter with the bushings it came with but after 6 months my shifter is sticking and is hard to shift. Do anybody eles have this problem with the B&m sts???

·
Registered
888 Posts
I got the B&M shiter with the bushings it came with but after 6 months my shifter is sticking and is hard to shift. Do anybody eles have this problem with the B&m sts???
Sounds like you might have a different problem there Jay... Throwout bearing maybe..What kind of clutch do you have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts