Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody eles have this problem with there B&M sts. I installed mine 8 months ago, 6 months later is getting harder to shift because its sticking or harder to move. I never had this problem with the factory shifter. Could it be the sts itself???

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
not likely. Take your center console top piece off and take a look. Make sure that it's greased up pretty good and that the cable guides and everything are tight. I have been using a B&M for over a year now with no problems. There's not much to go wrong on a sts. It's just an alluminum stick after all. It could be your syncros.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is what happens to me with my stock stuff, my dual mass flywheel apparently separated, so now the clutch doesn't fully disengage. And sometimes gets stuck in gear. I'm waiting for money to come through so I can order my parts.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not likely. Take your center console top piece off and take a look. Make sure that it's greased up pretty good and that the cable guides and everything are tight. I have been using a B&M for over a year now with no problems. There's not much to go wrong on a sts. It's just an alluminum stick after all. It could be your syncros.
what part of the tranny is the syncros so i can check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.