Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
I know the speeding in Maine thing first hand SMMoke...

My bud was driving a bit over 95 in the 65......they pulled us over, read him his rights and took him immediately, near Waterville. Wham bam thank you mam,,,took less than 3 minutes... I followed the cruiser, they pulled over and advised I could not follow them...DICKS!!!

Had to go and wait 6 hours to bail him out of jail.

I got pulled over by a city cop with no radar on Friday night, running a yellow light and speeding...let me off...so I got lucky.

Only $114 for 22 over? wtf is that crap? I got a 60 in a 45 and it was $185...

I dont know here in Indiana if you fight it and you lose (Indiana sheriffs and state troopers are required to go to court not sure about local) you leave with about 100 more dollars in fines and fees so its not worth it here... plus they just raised all the ticket prices and points here so if you drive through indiana be careful cops here dont car if you dont have the money or anything they will pull you over for just looking at them wrong and search the car. (and yes they can search your car with our consent if they get a drug dog and it even makes a noise they check... trust me happened to me 10+ times so far...)

I went 71 ina 55 and it was my first time driving downtown and didn't know that once you get inside the 465 circle the speed drops to 55 so i kept going 70-75 and a state trooper got me and didn't care what i had to say... and that was a 150 dollars. then once again near the Indianapolis airport where i guess its 55 too and got nailed again with a 150 dollar ticket... thats when i invested in a radar detector and havent gotten one yet! got pulled over though because the cop wanted to tell me that "anyone with a radar detector is a repeating traffic violator" i was like ok you are making me late to work to tell me that i am a repeating violator i already knew that or i wouldnt have one...

so just be careful to anyone coming to the indiana meet this weekend to watch out for the cops and keep those radars on!

wow that sucks next time you gotta just hit the gas and run , you could of saved 114 bucks if you did it that way lol jk

for some reason i think the cop car may have a little more power than our cars
Yeah, but if you've got a straight, really long road, you can probably get away. Our cars are capable of going 150 mph, it just takes a loooooooong time. I know here in FL, they can't pursue anything over 130 iirc.

i guess so that and because they cant find em once they get going! those suckers are fast! but i know here where i live a guy was on a motorcycle and a cop did the pit on him and ended up almost killing a guy... i guess thats why people shouldnt run from the police...

i guess so that and because they cant find em once they get going! those suckers are fast! but i know here where i live a guy was on a motorcycle and a cop did the pit on him and ended up almost killing a guy... i guess thats why people shouldnt run from the police...
you shouldnt run from the police to begin with because its just a damn stupid thing to do. i dont understand why people do this, seriously. just man up, admit your mistake, and take the ticket.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.