Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am posting a BASE tune for Assassin owners. This tune will get you from the house to the dyno. This is not a tune to go out and run the hell out of your car on. Stay out of the boost until YOUR car is TUNED by a trained dyno operator and tuner.

CLOSED LOOP
400 = -45
800 = -45
1200 = -45
1600 = -45
2000 = -45
2400 = -45
2800 = -40
3200 = -40
3600 = -35
4000 = -35
4400 = -35
4800 = -35
5200 = -35
5600 = -35
6000 = -35
6400 = -30
6800 = -30
7200 = -30
7600 = -30
8000 = -30

OPEN LOOP
400 = 0
800 = 0
1200 = -20
1600 = -20
2000 = -23
2400 = -23
2800 = -23
3200 = -25
3600 = -24
4000 = -26
4400 = -26
4800 = -28
5200 = -30
5600 = -32
6000 = -33
6400 = -33
6800 = -32
7200 = -32
7600 = -32
8000 = -32

Disclaimer:
Myself (12secTib) nor NGM will be held accountable for damage caused to your car by this tune. YOU are using this tune AT YOUR OWN RISK!! This tune is to get you to the DYNO SHOP ONLY.

If you have questions please feel free to ask me before you put this tune on your car.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
12secTib, thanks for posting that man. I was actually going tocall TC this week sometime to ask that very question :3_smile:

What boost were you running at for that temporary tune. TC is sending mine assasin with the 11PSI pulley as I have his built long block already and my alky injection kit is sitting here too waiting to go on.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Hey I have those numbers and they are working great. just a hair rich but my car runs great. I am tunning it tomorrow to get my **** right, i only got 225 to 240 miles to the tank, lol :) I had fun doing it though .

Go down and open the closed loop. put those numbers in and save it under closed loop. if that is what you are asking

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zeenon53 said:
how did you get the closed loop tune?
I got it from T.C.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUINT said:
12secTib, thanks for posting that man. I was actually going tocall TC this week sometime to ask that very question :3_smile:

What boost were you running at for that temporary tune. TC is sending mine assasin with the 11PSI pulley as I have his built long block already and my alky injection kit is sitting here too waiting to go on.
This tune is what I run my car at on 9 to 10psi. You may wanna add 1% accross the board.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thats intresting to see what the assain is doing vs its competitors. what size injectors come/are you using with this kit again? the 290/310cc's or more??

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Alright...
So the tune that comes on the Mafterburner when I order my Assassin is only to get me to the tuner? I'll be running an innovative wideband setup... has anyone done any street tuning?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carrera1984 said:
Thats intresting to see what the assain is doing vs its competitors. what size injectors come/are you using with this kit again? the 290/310cc's or more??
We run 460cc injectors with the Assassin...

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
05GT said:
Alright...
So the tune that comes on the Mafterburner when I order my Assassin is only to get me to the tuner? I'll be running an innovative wideband setup... has anyone done any street tuning?
I dont think there will be a tune at all. The tune I posted in post 1 is a starting point you can use to tune it on your wideband. There are several people who use this to tune with. Zeenon53 (Mitch) is one I know of.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Did TC log to get that closed loop? Cause I know my closed loop is -15 from 400 to 2000 then -20 across.

I have been street tunning with the innovate widaband, and it is a bit hard to watch the tach and the gauge at the same time while making a third gear pull. Now I have the stage 2 mafterburner where I can log, but am having a problem doing so.

·
Banned
642 Posts
I am going to tune mine tomorrow. With the same setup. you should beable to get it done in 2 runs if you get lucky. How it logs is great. I mean you run your car in 3rd gear and it logs every 100 rpm's and the a/f at those rpms. i will let you know how it goes. IF someone could tell me how they did the test to celebrate it would be helpful. I would like to know what you did with the black wire- calibration wire. and step by step how you did it, lol really it will save me time !!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
looks like sc tunes are WAY different than a turbo tune

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
jordan23ryan said:
I am going to tune mine tomorrow. With the same setup. you should beable to get it done in 2 runs if you get lucky. How it logs is great. I mean you run your car in 3rd gear and it logs every 100 rpm's and the a/f at those rpms. i will let you know how it goes. IF someone could tell me how they did the test to celebrate it would be helpful. I would like to know what you did with the black wire- calibration wire. and step by step how you did it, lol really it will save me time !!!!!!!

You won't get it done in 2 runs, maybe 20....lol. The black wire? Which one? Black is usually a ground wire.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
zeenon53 said:
Did TC log to get that closed loop? Cause I know my closed loop is -15 from 400 to 2000 then -20 across.

I have been street tunning with the innovate widaband, and it is a bit hard to watch the tach and the gauge at the same time while making a third gear pull. Now I have the stage 2 mafterburner where I can log, but am having a problem doing so.
Hey,
Do you have updated Mafterburner that allows the wideband input?

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
zeenon53 said:

Hello,

UH UH UH McFly!!!!, You have the calibtrated BIG maf, he has the stock Maf. UH UH McFly!!!

Thanks T.C.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Zaion said:
looks like sc tunes are WAY different than a turbo tune
Hello,

The power curve is WAY different and completely predictable. We make boost, power, and torque right off idle with the roots supercharger.

Thanks T.C.

·
pass dat....
4,358 Posts
Nextgen03gt said:
Hello,

UH UH UH McFly!!!!, You have the calibtrated BIG maf, he has the stock Maf. UH UH McFly!!!

Thanks T.C.

LOL....I keep on thinking everyone has one :3_frusty:

05GT said:
Hey,
Do you have updated Mafterburner that allows the wideband input?
Yeah, the stage 2 mafterburner.

·
Banned
5,790 Posts
i cant believe no one has picked up on this...

....hey 12sectib....u screwed up...

....ur closed loop should say open loop, and vice versa. there's no way that ur pulling out 0 fuel at idle in closed loop with 460cc injectors...ur plugs will foul way the fvck up.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mines Better said:
i cant believe no one has picked up on this...

....hey 12sectib....u screwed up...

....ur closed loop should say open loop, and vice versa. there's no way that ur pulling out 0 fuel at idle in closed loop with 460cc injectors...ur plugs will foul way the fvck up.
WOW I SCREWED UP 1st time ever!!... LOL Thanks its fixed now.......

1 - 20 of 33 Posts