Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Also just remembered @Glassball you still boosted bud?

·
Registered
126 Posts
iwb still has his silver 03 V6 but it's now N/A since I bought his stg 2 kit.
Glassball still has his red 03 V6 with stg 2 on it, but rarely drives it dues to constant issues, school and everything else he's up to these days.

I still have my blue 04 V6, but haven't touched it since July. Funds ran low after I acquired everything for a stg 2 set up and some weight reduction. I've been putting out feelers for a sale to someone willing to complete the project. Lots of interest, but no committed buyers yet.
Since I pulled my Tibby off the road, I've picked up a 98 Impreza wagon and an 03 WRX Spec R1. So you can probably see why I haven't paid any attention to the tib since then. lol

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
iwb still has his silver 03 V6 but it's now N/A since I bought his stg 2 kit.
Glassball still has his red 03 V6 with stg 2 on it, but rarely drives it dues to constant issues, school and everything else he's up to these days.

I still have my blue 04 V6, but haven't touched it since July. Funds ran low after I acquired everything for a stg 2 set up and some weight reduction. I've been putting out feelers for a sale to someone willing to complete the project. Lots of interest, but no committed buyers yet.
Since I pulled my Tibby off the road, I've picked up a 98 Impreza wagon and an 03 WRX Spec R1. So you can probably see why I haven't paid any attention to the tib since then. lol
Ah too bad man, it would have been a nice setup for you to run.

Good to know about IWB and Glassball, I'll add IWB but glassball hasnt been active in along time so until he posts here i won't add him lol. If glassball is having issues with his stage 2 setup you should tell him to give me a text i can help him out :) Tell him to send me a PM and i can hook him up.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
@SVNS
Did you want to post your stuff here? :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Woop sorry. Yeah I'll post up. I gotta get some photos of er done. I'll do that tomorrow as the only thing I plan on doing is spending all my money on a new sound system ;) (those boxing day deals though!).

Anywho,

2004 SE
Black
I4 N/A
Absolutely stock
Cept for some grippy Nokians on 18" ADR wheels

I'll be around

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Woop sorry. Yeah I'll post up. I gotta get some photos of er done. I'll do that tomorrow as the only thing I plan on doing is spending all my money on a new sound system ;) (those boxing day deals though!).

Anywho,

2004 SE
Black
I4 N/A
Absolutely stock
Cept for some grippy Nokians on 18" ADR wheels

I'll be around
Sounds good buddy! Make up a member thread when you do, id love to see the work and parts that are going to go into it :p

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hey guys im still with my tib..
what city friend? Also your link to your profile seems to not work. What have you got done to the tib?

·
Registered
108 Posts
what city friend? Also your link to your profile seems to not work. What have you got done to the tib?
I havent touch the links for a long time.Lol.. Well my tib is pretty stock except for some cosmetic stuff done on it. I'm still fooling around with it, my 03 tiburon has been a great project car because it's simplicity and I have learnt a lot from it.

Car is getting old, problems here and there. It's just passed 160k. I have replaced a bunch of parts already including water pump. Now I'm running on a set of aftermarket 18'' and goodyear eagle all seasons and a new set of Stagg shocks. Other than that.. I have modified the instrument cluster so the gauge and dials are white. I bought a set of FL headlights and running on a modified version of OE hella&bosch hid system and it's been awesome. I'm planning to upgrade my viper alarm for the next few days and I think it will be awesome. Basically this set of alarm system will acheieve the following functions:

Keyless entry, push start, auto unlock & lock the doors, remote start, etc... except for remote where I have to use my remote, other functions are done without having to touch my remote in my pocket, same concept as all the newer luxury vehicles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ah too bad man, it would have been a nice setup for you to run.

Good to know about IWB and Glassball, I'll add IWB but glassball hasnt been active in along time so until he posts here i won't add him lol. If glassball is having issues with his stage 2 setup you should tell him to give me a text i can help him out :) Tell him to send me a PM and i can hook him up.
So late for me to chime in, sorry! I'm not active on the forums, but I drive my Stage 2 supercharged tib everyday! It's had some hiccups with the supercharger once or twice (cracked intake manifold which destroyed my engine and a dead water pump), but at the moment everything engine related is fine. Some kid JUST broke my front windshield after their ball flew over a fence and crashed into it lol.

But yeah, I'm alive and still running F/I regularly!

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So late for me to chime in, sorry! I'm not active on the forums, but I drive my Stage 2 supercharged tib everyday! It's had some hiccups with the supercharger once or twice (cracked intake manifold which destroyed my engine and a dead water pump), but at the moment everything engine related is fine. Some kid JUST broke my front windshield after their ball flew over a fence and crashed into it lol.

But yeah, I'm alive and still running F/I regularly!
Lol I was just in Van 2 weeks ago, you just missed me haha, good to know the Tib is still running strong!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Count me in. I haven't checked the forum in over a year but I still have mine and use it as my daily driver. I also have acquired a 1981 Camaro Z28 as a project car so not much money will be going back into the Tib.

2007 Vivid Blue V6 5spd
AEM Cool Air Intake
Tuscani Total Kit (Badges, Tire Caps, Steering Wheel, Door Sills)
HID Kit both Headlights and Fogs (8000K)
Switchback Turn Signals (Red Turn Signals for Rear)
Seoulful Racing Angel Eyes

If a meet get's planned for this summer, I'll most likely join, had a blast last few times in Van.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Count me in. I haven't checked the forum in over a year but I still have mine and use it as my daily driver. I also have acquired a 1981 Camaro Z28 as a project car so not much money will be going back into the Tib.

2007 Vivid Blue V6 5spd
AEM Cool Air Intake
Tuscani Total Kit (Badges, Tire Caps, Steering Wheel, Door Sills)
HID Kit both Headlights and Fogs (8000K)
Switchback Turn Signals (Red Turn Signals for Rear)
Seoulful Racing Angel Eyes

If a meet get's planned for this summer, I'll most likely join, had a blast last few times in Van.
Would love to see your angel eyes, you got pics up anywhere?

·
Registered
55 Posts
2004 Tiburon Tuscani Yellow, 6speed.

In Burnaby

Injen Intake
Stock Stage 3 upper manifold
Sharkracing Manifold Spacer
SFR Short shifter
DC sports Exhaust
lw flywheel, stage 2 clutch.
and lots of expensive repairs for my unreliable shark :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey,

I have an 03 Tiburon i4 in White, 5pd. Got it as a beater but, as usual, started to mod it because stock sucks. I have a bunch of parts laying around and some on order so hopefully within the next few weeks I will have everything done. I'm replacing all the of wear and tear stuff first and then some appearance mods just cus.

I'm on Vancouver Island for now.

Pics to follow!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Would love to see your angel eyes, you got pics up anywhere?
Unfortunately Not at the moment.
Over the years, because the Angel Eyes are individual LED's rather than Halo rings, a lot of them have started to burn out. It's giving a real mean Eagle Eye look now.
Also, because I've had to split apart the headlights a few times, I have some rough wear on the inside of the headlights due to long term effects of condensation. It's not the prettiest look.
I'm looking for new headlights and will be getting another Angel Eye kit again. Debating whether to go the individual LED look or the Halo. Individual LED's don't last as long and burn out, but I prefer the look over halo's so much more. I'll update with pics in a few months once I get them completed.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts