Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Mods Hopefuly you can sticky this.

To those who have the major BCM failure. I mean beyond the basic turn signal frozen. Example in my recent issue, turn signals not working at all, dash lights not working, passanger side night time running lights not working. This is a complete failure of your BCM. The DYI for the turn signal relay will not fix this. These failures require replacement of your BCM. Now this is very expensive, the part from the stealership is any where from 780-990.00. The question I had raised looking into replacing mine was will the BCM from the I4 work with the V6. I got very divided answers and no one had an exact yes or no.

So I did research on my own and came to find out that yes as long as the BCM are of the same year production they will work as long as both vehicles have matching break's in thier vin #'s.

What does this mean?

Well If your looking to pull a BCM from a Junk vehicle it means that the first 2 digets of the final 8 in each vehicles VIN

example

Repare vehicle: 5uy72967
Donor Vehicle: 5u162922

The first 2 digets In bold match so the BCM's are compatible.

But if you have any doubts just get the vin number from your vehicle and the donor vehicle and contact your Local dealers parts department to verify compatibility.

So to those of you with major BCM failure have less frear you can use BCM's from I4 and V6's modularly as long as vins match.

Therefore you can go the money saving rout and get one from a junk yard.

Then just follow the steps from the DYI turn signal fix for removing the BCM, then revers the steps for installing the replacement.

Remeber tho you dont need to go thru the steps of removing the relay from the circet board since this will be a direct replacement.

More questions? PM me, I can help!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Ok, confused - what you are showing with the VIN is both are 2005 models manufactured at the Ulsan plant - those numbers do not identify the engine or break numbers.. nor do they identify the equipment a car came with, including several nice things like TCM, ECS, ABS etc... there are several models of BCM for each year car based on the equipment installed in the car... so, I would think that an auto, no abs, no tcs BCM for a 2005 GTV6 would only match an auto, no abs, no tcs BCM for a 2005 I4 - otherwise, I think you would have problems - I would be a call to a dealer would confirm different part numbers...

Try the part number for a 2004 GTV6 with no abs or TCS, with a manual 6 speed...

then try the part number for a 2004 GS I4 Auto with ABS

Bet the part numbers are different - if the units were the same inside, they would all have the same part number

I know the original BCM that came out of my car would not work with the mods I did to my car (ABS/TCS removal) and had to be replaced and the part numbers were both different - one would light the abs light on the cluster, the other one wouldn't...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, confused - what you are showing with the VIN is both are 2005 models manufactured at the Ulsan plant - those numbers do not identify the engine or break numbers.. nor do they identify the equipment a car came with, including several nice things like TCM, ECS, ABS etc... there are several models of BCM for each year car based on the equipment installed in the car... so, I would think that an auto, no abs, no tcs BCM for a 2005 GTV6 would only match an auto, no abs, no tcs BCM for a 2005 I4 - otherwise, I think you would have problems - I would be a call to a dealer would confirm different part numbers...

Try the part number for a 2004 GTV6 with no abs or TCS, with a manual 6 speed...

then try the part number for a 2004 GS I4 Auto with ABS

Bet the part numbers are different - if the units were the same inside, they would all have the same part number

I know the original BCM that came out of my car would not work with the mods I did to my car (ABS/TCS removal) and had to be replaced and the part numbers were both different - one would light the abs light on the cluster, the other one wouldn't...
Nope One of those was my vin, the other was the vin of the car that I got the BCM from, I just replaced My BCM today, and got this info straight from the dealership. Part numbers are the same.

But you do bring up a valad point, I should have stated obviously they have to be similar as in automatic transmision

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Depends like unholy said yrs make huge diff.

U need part # for the bcm! Example- 03 gt Tib may say 95410-2c100 compared to 03 I4 may say 95410-2c130. There a big diff between the 2. Also the wire connectors tht connect into the bcm are diff cause the gt has more prongs(connectors) coming out of it compared to I4 having less. So they won't interchange. Now if u also have any further ?'s u can ask John Nance who's a Hyundai tech in Indy. He will answer all of ur tech ?'s u may have if u do. He's very helpful and u can search him in Hyundai tech forums k.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ok so my car wouldnt start took to dealer and they told me it could be the BCM and told me 850$ for new one, no way am I paying that much, where can I find a used one I live in New Brunswick Canada and dont mind paying for shipping. They told me the BCM was corroded.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Ok so my car wouldnt start took to dealer and they told me it could be the BCM and told me 850$ for new one, no way am I paying that much, where can I find a used one I live in New Brunswick Canada and dont mind paying for shipping. They told me the BCM was corroded.
do an auto wrecker search...............

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends like unholy said yrs make huge diff.

U need part # for the bcm! Example- 03 gt Tib may say 95410-2c100 compared to 03 I4 may say 95410-2c130. There a big diff between the 2. Also the wire connectors tht connect into the bcm are diff cause the gt has more prongs(connectors) coming out of it compared to I4 having less. So they won't interchange. Now if u also have any further ?'s u can ask John Nance who's a Hyundai tech in Indy. He will answer all of ur tech ?'s u may have if u do. He's very helpful and u can search him in Hyundai tech forums k.
No the connecters are not different, because the BCM that I replaced mine with was from an I4.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Do you guys think messed up door locks ie they unlock by themselves, broken cruise control and my brake lights occasionally turn off on the right side is a bad bcm? I dont have the turn signal issue whatsoever

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you guys think messed up door locks ie they unlock by themselves, broken cruise control and my brake lights occasionally turn off on the right side is a bad bcm? I dont have the turn signal issue whatsoever
Simplly said yes

·
Registered
151 Posts
my hazard lights are coming on by themselves.
door are automatically unlocking while this symptoms occurs.
defrost switch will go ON or OFF also when lights start flashing.

i might get a new BCM too, but have to find the correct part#

·
Registered
19 Posts
if the only symptom showing is the turn signal being stuck on, how do you know if it's the FCM or BCM? and do you have a link to the DIY page you refered to?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok Mods Hopefuly you can sticky this.

To those who have the major BCM failure. I mean beyond the basic turn signal frozen. Example in my recent issue, turn signals not working at all, dash lights not working, passanger side night time running lights not working. This is a complete failure of your BCM. The DYI for the turn signal relay will not fix this. These failures require replacement of your BCM. Now this is very expensive, the part from the stealership is any where from 780-990.00. The question I had raised looking into replacing mine was will the BCM from the I4 work with the V6. I got very divided answers and no one had an exact yes or no.

So I did research on my own and came to find out that yes as long as the BCM are of the same year production they will work as long as both vehicles have matching break's in thier vin #'s.

What does this mean?

Well If your looking to pull a BCM from a Junk vehicle it means that the first 2 digets of the final 8 in each vehicles VIN

example

Repare vehicle: 5uy72967
Donor Vehicle: 5u162922

The first 2 digets In bold match so the BCM's are compatible.

But if you have any doubts just get the vin number from your vehicle and the donor vehicle and contact your Local dealers parts department to verify compatibility.

So to those of you with major BCM failure have less frear you can use BCM's from I4 and V6's modularly as long as vins match.

Therefore you can go the money saving rout and get one from a junk yard.

Then just follow the steps from the DYI turn signal fix for removing the BCM, then revers the steps for installing the replacement.

Remeber tho you dont need to go thru the steps of removing the relay from the circet board since this will be a direct replacement.

More questions? PM me, I can help!
I'm having the same issue finding a 95410-2c130 bcm for my tib......my windows locks hazards signals cab lights all don't work all fuses are good and I can't conect to it is there an exceptable replacement or does it have to be a "2c130" or will a different one work properly this is really starting to wear down on me and I don't wanna give up on her

Mine is *95410-2c130*

95410-2c020
95410-2c021
95410-2c100
95410-2c101
95480-2c010
95480-2c020
95480-2c110
95480-2c310
95480-2c320

Will any of these function the same for what I need my car is a
2003 tiburon gt v6 auto with manual shifting

·
Administrator
8,783 Posts
I'm having the same issue finding a 95410-2c130 bcm for my tib......my windows locks hazards signals cab lights all don't work all fuses are good and I can't conect to it is there an exceptable replacement or does it have to be a "2c130" or will a different one work properly this is really starting to wear down on me and I don't wanna give up on her

Mine is *95410-2c130*

95410-2c020
95410-2c021
95410-2c100
95410-2c101
95480-2c010
95480-2c020
95480-2c110
95480-2c310
95480-2c320

Will any of these function the same for what I need my car is a
2003 tiburon gt v6 auto with manual shifting
Did you check the "dealer fuse"? It's on the BCM sorta upper left under the yellow cap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you check the "dealer fuse"? It's on the BCM sorta upper left under the yellow cap.
I've checked every fuse in the car lol I went down to my local stealership and found my solution to not being able to find a 95410-2c130 because it's a discontinued part the factory
Replacement is and I quote """95490-2c500""" is the factory replacement for 03-06 no other module will work in its place and it costs 1054.00$ here in alberta I havnt looked at scrap yards yet if anyone knows where to find a cheaper one I'd be so happy you have no idea

·
Registered
719 Posts
Perhaps http://vindecoder.expert/ will help solve the problem. Check VIN numbers. There's plenty of information about the car. Universally. I've been using for a long time.
I wouldn't rely on them too much, that website Identified my SE as a GT. I double checked for a spelling error, but no error to be found.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok so I have the other side to coin on this problem I need help with. My wife's car has the gremlins that are associated with dash lights, security system, radio and many more. My bcm still works but the power connector is the clear culprit as I can see slight melting on the bcm housing and burning on the wire shielding and connector.

I am having a super hard time sourcing a junk yard tibby as they are super rare to come by in junkyards here. My plan was to take the bcm outer cover and clip the wire off another car to fix hers kinda, as her car took 120k+ to have this issue I could surmise it could last 120 more. Since I can't find a junk car does anyone know exactly where I could get just the power connector supplied to the bcm? My Hyundai dealers here are useless. Any ideas would be a great help while her bcm works and car is still running.

·
Administrator
8,783 Posts
Ok so I have the other side to coin on this problem I need help with. My wife's car has the gremlins that are associated with dash lights, security system, radio and many more. My bcm still works but the power connector is the clear culprit as I can see slight melting on the bcm housing and burning on the wire shielding and connector.

I am having a super hard time sourcing a junk yard tibby as they are super rare to come by in junkyards here. My plan was to take the bcm outer cover and clip the wire off another car to fix hers kinda, as her car took 120k+ to have this issue I could surmise it could last 120 more. Since I can't find a junk car does anyone know exactly where I could get just the power connector supplied to the bcm? My Hyundai dealers here are useless. Any ideas would be a great help while her bcm works and car is still running.
It should just be a 12ga 1/4" female quick disconnect crimp on connector (AKA Stakon) available in any place that sells small electrical connectors.
Radio Shack, auto parts place, trailer shop, good hardware store, etc.

Unplug the connector, possibly trim BCM housing for clearance, clean connection in BCM, cut off old connection, strip wire about 3/16", crimp on new connection, plug it in.

Fill in your location for future reference since some suggestions may vary based on where you are.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts