Hyundai Tiburon Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm located in Washington state but I I could not verify if her car is a us spec or Canadian. The speedo doesn't read kph but that doesn't rule it out.

·
Administrator
8,795 Posts
I'm located in Washington state but I I could not verify if her car is a us spec or Canadian. The speedo doesn't read kph but that doesn't rule it out.
Not what I mean. When you post, it can show your location, like mine shows NJ. Some ideas will be different to a question from someone in Canada in winter vs. someone in Florida in summer.

Also in your signature, put in year, model, trans, engine and major mods so we don't have to ask all the time. I have my car as well as my wife's Tib in my sig.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok Mods Hopefuly you can sticky this.

To those who have the major BCM failure. I mean beyond the basic turn signal frozen. Example in my recent issue, turn signals not working at all, dash lights not working, passanger side night time running lights not working. This is a complete failure of your BCM. The DYI for the turn signal relay will not fix this. These failures require replacement of your BCM. Now this is very expensive, the part from the stealership is any where from 780-990.00. The question I had raised looking into replacing mine was will the BCM from the I4 work with the V6. I got very divided answers and no one had an exact yes or no.

So I did research on my own and came to find out that yes as long as the BCM are of the same year production they will work as long as both vehicles have matching break's in thier vin #'s.

What does this mean?

Well If your looking to pull a BCM from a Junk vehicle it means that the first 2 digets of the final 8 in each vehicles VIN

example

Repare vehicle: 5uy72967
Donor Vehicle: 5u162922

The first 2 digets In bold match so the BCM's are compatible.

But if you have any doubts just get the vin number from your vehicle and the donor vehicle and contact your Local dealers parts department to verify compatibility.

So to those of you with major BCM failure have less frear you can use BCM's from I4 and V6's modularly as long as vins match.

Therefore you can go the money saving rout and get one from a junk yard.

Then just follow the steps from the DYI turn signal fix for removing the BCM, then revers the steps for installing the replacement.

Remeber tho you dont need to go thru the steps of removing the relay from the circet board since this will be a direct replacement.

More questions? PM me, I can help!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts